Enphase Auto Uploader - New API v4 Testing

Yep. This is a new system, new account, and me new to solar!

Also, your suggestion worked! I logged out of both Enlighten and PVoutput, and upon logging back in to both, the authorisation worked like a charm.

Next step is to get that donation done, configure the updater to ‘both’, and then start reading the manual while the data starts streaming in - hopefully more impressive data than today’s wet, cold, and grey day produced.

Thanks @bankstownbloke !

Pete

1 Like

Thanks for this, while no longer applicable for you, this bug has been fixed for future new systems.

Just got my first system installed. Signed up for PVOutput months in advance, but haven’t set up Auto Upload yet for obvious reasons.
Happy to be a guinea pig for a brand new install test. Or alternatively I can test migration from v2 to v4.

I upgraded to the v4 API last night. Unfortunately, my system production did not update at all today.
What could I be doing wrong ?

Worse, I tried to signup for v2 again, and it doesn’t work anymore either. Please help !

Saving new v2 systems was disabled a few days ago.

Are you sure the Enphase website said the link was successful? Does it show under applications that have API access? Try deleting everything that has API access and then approving v4 again?

1 Like

Looks like the system was not authorized. Click on the “Authorize” button and follow the Enphase login then save the PVOutput system settings.

https://forum.pvoutput.org/t/enphase-auto-uploader-new-api-v4-testing/5306/7

Enphase v4 configs will no longer save unless authorization has been successful.

This should prevent systems from switching from to Enphase v4 without authorization.

I absolutely did authorize it. A separate tab to the Enphase opened, I authenticated, and was told that it was successful. The page was slightly different for v2 and v4.

There was no feedback whatsoever in the PVoutput tab reflecting that anything changed, though.

I saved the PVoutput system settings afterwards. It made no difference.

Are there specific browsers that need to be used ? I’m using Firefox 102. My privacy settings are set to strict. I also have Adblock plus and Ublock origin.

I just did the v4 authorization again.

The Enphase tab showed :
"Successfully authorized PVOutput to read your Enphase site data with code "

I went back to PVoutput, and was able to save the system. Does this imply the authorization worked ?

I still don’t see any production data for today - and the sun is shining right now. May need to wait a few minutes, though.

Just redid the authorization with a fresh Firefox browser profile, no extensions, and “standard” security settings. That seems to have made no difference. The production data is still not updating in pvoutput. It is showing in Enlighten just fine.

After having a closer look, the problem is related to using Enphase v4 as a secondary device.

It has been fixed now and the system is getting data from Enphase for today.

Apologies for the inconvenience, unfortunately you’ll have to manually upload the generation data for 5th of July.

Thank you very much for fixing it this quickly ! I will upload the data for the 5th manually.

I have a couple other questions - probably belongs in another thread, but …

1. Earlier this week, I manually uploaded data back to 10/25/2010, the day my system first went live. The 2010 data is not showing in any of the pages, such as the yearly summary at
    madbrain 9.460kW | Yearly

I don’t believe my 2010 production is included in the totals, either.

I have tried uploading it again. The records are accepted, but not shown.

1. How would PVoutput best handle a system expansion, as my system had in October 2012 ? The efficiency rating for 2011/2012 (and 2010, when it finally appears) is wrong since the system total kW have changed. Originally it was 6.58 kW. Then it went to 9.46 kW .

The 2010 data is there, click on the 2010 link to display daily summary data.

Either create a new system with updated size or update the existing system with the new size.

PVOutput keeps a record of the efficiency kW/kWh on each date using the currently configured system size.

If you entered records back in 2010 with the current system size it would be wrong.

Correct this by -

1. On Your Outputs page, select dates with outputs under the old system
  2. Click MORE under the graph then Efficiency link.
  3. Enter the old system size in the popup and Update

1. That’s just it, I don’t see the 2010 link at all on my end. What link did you click on to see it ?
    The yearly summary shows 2011 as the last one at the bottom, not 2010 . There is no other page to go to that shows 2010. I have scrolled all the way to the bottom in the screenshot below.

Interestingly, if I go to the monthly view, and click on the last page (#12), I see the following, which includes the 2010 monthly data :

https://pvoutput.org/aggregate.jsp?p=11&id=101193&sid=89088&t=m&v=3&o=date&d=desc

1. When I click “your outputs”, it only shows about 40 days or so.
    I can click “Yearly” and then click “2011”, but it then only shows the last 40 days of 2011 .

In this case, there are other pages I can click on to see the rest of the data for the other day, but I still have to go through a lot of pages and click “More” / “Efficiency” each time. Is this the only way ? Or is there a way to show more than 40 dates at a time on a single page, and then select these ? For example, show the daily data for an entire year on one page ?

API v4… 5 min or 15 minute intervals? Do they both work?

I switched to v4 today, set it to 5min/5min, and the “live” result was a 15 min stairstep cummulative energy curve, power was recorded only every third 5 min interval, and the green power curve disappeared altogether. Switched back to 15/15 intervals, and the intervals on the “live” page changed back to 15min, but power readings were not recorded at all. Totals for the day are a fraction of actual generation. Hoping tomorrows results may have reset themselves.

The max records under Customise may be set to 12.

This link shows 16 years.

I’m using the V4 API but finding it very unreliable. I’ve tried both 5 and 15 minute settings but it usually lags a few hours behind, and then goes and grabs huge chunks of data at a time. And then it stopped working completely on 29th June. I’ve just tried re-authorising to see whether that brings it back to life.

Starting July 4 enphase api v4 was working for me. 12 July no data. I am working on my own v4 api interface. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. Looks like the server @ enphase is overloaded (503 error). By the way KB_West can not be edited and saved: I get the message it is not authorized. When authorizing again, I get the message it is already authorized for PVoutput (which is correct). I can not save any changes, due to this strange loop.

Data of July 12 is now there in PVoutput.