Enphase Auto Uploader - New API v4 Testing

I also have two PVO entries in my Enphase API access. I imagine one for v2 and the other is for v4.
Hopefully what you did helps. Best of luck!

yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but I wouldn’t expect it to be causing an issue. Guess time will tell.

Echoing my big thanks for ALL the efforts in getting API v4 working to allow for continued site data logging.

Just a request for the PVOutput.org > ‘Help’ > ‘Auto Uploader’ > ‘Enphase’ file info to be updated with the new API v4 setup instructions, as they still refer to the ‘both’ direction as being unsupported as for API v2.
This may confuse new / existing users who don’t often frequent the ‘Community’, especially come Enphase’s expected August API v2 decommissioning. Cheers.

Yep, so just had a look and nothing has changed. The values on PVOutput are all wrong with the new v4 API.

Hopefully @bankstownbloke might know what’s going on here.

The data returned from v4 should be identical to that of v2.

Try switching back to v2 to see if you get similar results, or setup another system with v2 to compare both.

The only thing that stands out with this system is it is using a 15 minute status interval.

The slower interval would affect import/export results, but not the generation. Best to be using 5 minutes.

Thanks for pointing this out, the help has been revised with new authorization instructions added “Both” as a supported direction for Enphase.

Fortunately a configuration saved using primary/secondary with generation/consumption is automatically consolidated into a “Both” config.

I’ve switched back to v2 and I’ll see what happens tomorrow.

My system sends data every 15 minutes to Enlighten. I didn’t see any point in leaving it at 5 mins. Besides, I have the staircase graph if I do leave it at 5 mins.

So, switched back to v2 and the values are back to where they should be. Seems to be something up with v4 and my system. Very strange.

@bankstownbloke if there is anything you need from me to help diagnose this, please let me know.

Please switch to v4 so the consumption values can be compared to v2 for your system.

Ok, so I changed back to v4. Same thing, the values are all out.

Enlighten says the following:

Imported: 6.5
Exported: 0.3
Produced: 1.8
Consumed: 8.3

PVOutput says:

Generated: 1.930
Exported: 1.046
Consumption: 2.862
Import: 1.978

When I use v2, everything seem to be pretty close. It’s always been a bit off, but close enough. I’m not sure if that is normal.

Thanks, confirming its an issue with v4 using the “Both” direction and 15-minute interval.

The fix has been deployed, please monitor the results.

Great. Glad it was something fixable.

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

As for the data over the last few days, is it possible to update/correct that somehow?

@bankstownbloke Good news!!! Just had a look and compared PVOutput with Enlighten. They seem to be almost identical.

Thanks for finding the issue.

Now I just need to work out how to fix up the old data over the last few days as it’s way wrong.

That’s great, thanks for reporting the issue.

This would need to be done manually for each date unfortunately.

The power values are correct, the energy value calculation was incorrect by 1/3 (5 min vs 15 min interval).

By re-uploading power the energy value is recalculated.

That’s a bummer. At least it’s only 3 or 4 days. Gives me something to do over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Hi, new to the site. I’ve linked my Enphase system, but not sure what to put for User Id? I put random numbers, then clicked Authorize. I am not sure I’ve done it correctly. I am not seeing data uploaded every 15 minutes. The latest data I see is from yesterday. My system is called “Sunny in Wilmington”

Thanks in advance for any help.
Edit: Now seeing today’s data. Next question is how do I see my system on the PV Ladder page?

The ladder is rebuilt every 24hrs, once the system is available on the ladder, there will be a ranking link on ‘Your Outputs’ page. Click to locate the system’s position on the ladder.

Hi @bankstownbloke.

Very sorry to treat you like a helpdesk, but I’m hitting an error when setting up my system on the V4 auto uploader. When I click the “Authorise” button, an error is shown in a new tab: “Failed to authorize PVOutput to read your Enphase site data. System not found”. I’ve confirmed the Enlighten and User Ids in both the URL and the app. Perhaps Enphase takes a while to open the API access? The system only started generating on Tuesday June 28, and I only gained access my Enphase Enlighten app/website today.

Thank you so much for making the uploader happen!

Is this a new system / account? Try logging out and in then authorize again.

Yep. This is a new system, new account, and me new to solar!

Also, your suggestion worked! I logged out of both Enlighten and PVoutput, and upon logging back in to both, the authorisation worked like a charm.

Next step is to get that donation done, configure the updater to ‘both’, and then start reading the manual while the data starts streaming in - hopefully more impressive data than today’s wet, cold, and grey day produced.

Thanks @bankstownbloke !

Pete

1 Like