Looking for help to confirm my setup is ok?

looking at my advanced settings, could you be to do with Aggregation Mode?

The settings are correct, you have primary device on solar direction and secondary on consumption direction. Aggregation Mode has no effect on single system setups.

I sounder what the problem is with my readings. Thanks

HI, I have a SolarEdge inverter SE7600A-US. I had a similar problem but finally resolved it. I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the exact model number of your SExxxx inverter?
  2. Did your installation include a power meter installed directly in the inverter?
    This is important because if the answer to question 2 is “no” you cannot use the secondary device option. The device would have to be a Modbus meter from SolarEdge. It should look something like this:
    HI, I have a SolarEdge inverter SE7600A-US. I had a similar problem but finally resolved it.

Hi Iwsmiser,

Thank you for helping out, I’m very confused with this problem is.

1. I have an SE8000 H Photovoltaic inverter
  2. Yes I have the following,
  3. Not sure how to find this ?
  4. i understand it go’s Meter box, SE Energy meter, and I have a PV DC Isolator, inverter and Inverter A.C Isolator switches.

Regards

Can you screenshot your secondary device settings.
And are you adding data through some other form. Or just through pvoutput.

Long shot but do you need to fill in tariff data?

If consumption= import and generation = export its like theres a setting missing to work out net from gross. Your v1,v2,v3 and v4 seem to calculate correctly but the daily tab somehow doesnt seem to work out correctly

I calculated your values for the pervious day (18/09/2018)
18/09/2018
production 36.10
Consumption 17.48
Net 18.63
import 10.18
Export 28.81
However, your column graph shows the Consumption equal to your Import and your Production equal to your Export. That suggests that your have not setup your secondary device. Obviously the calculations are not being done correctly.

to set up the secondary device click on the system size on the main system status display page and set the following:
type: Solaredge
Direction: Net
and be sure to apply your API Key and Site ID. The same as for the main device. (be sure to save your changes by clicking on the save button at the bottom of the settings page.)
If the Net setting doesn’t work try Consumption. It will depend on how your Modbus meter is connected. It should be net if connected to the mains and Consumption if connected to the loads. I cannot tell form your picture. You can test it by comparing the above values for 18/09 with the daily graph.

Thank you B-Man, appreciate you looking at this, I think you and Iswsmiser are onto something with the secondary settings.
Posting pics below…

Thanks Iwsmiser, You and B-Man are onto something, I have now checked all my API Key & Site ID’s and also changed my secondary system settings to Net as per the picture.

secondary device

Primary device

Now, this has changed I will let it run for tomorrow and then look at comparing the difference and let you both know as this is a mystery for me.

I see today was a good production and usage day but the number still out…

again thank you both a lot to learn, but your help is great, thank you

My NetPower and NetEnergy is now reporting in negative numbers, this seems strange ?

I noticed the response to the change you made about 10:30 last evening. Obviously the change isn’t correct. Did you try the Consumption setting?
I would suggest that you remove the secondary device settings all together or reset them to what they were before. From the display the resulting graph is completely wrong. The consumption is now appearing to be twice that of the production. It looks like Bankstownbloke should be able to resolve the issue.

I looked up this device and it has settings…see page 24 for function settings:

Your installer should be able to set it up properly if they know how to do that.

Thank you Iwsmiser, I have not revered back to consumption monitoring as per before as the change made things worse.
Thank you for the guide i will refer to P24 today and also as my installer if they can assist, as it is a mystery.

@bankstownbloke would you have any ideas on how to resolve this as it’s a real pain trying to baseline my usage ?

thanks

secondary setting should be consumption

can you create a new system and only fill in whats required ie. system size.

put the first device as consumption
second as solar

don’t add or change anything else apart from putting in the api and site id for each device.

test that.

those settings are correct as its graphing right. just not tallying import/export correctly

what did you do to resolve yours?

The PVOutput settings are correct, the primary device is Solar and the secondary is Consumption.

The following graph for the system on 19-Sep looks normal.

SolarEdge reports 15-minute consumption data and PVOutput will average these out into 5-minute intervals.

I agree the data appears to be correct but Hillside Bardon’s point is that the column graph is incorrect. Import = Generation and Export = Consumption cannot be true. Something is causing the calculation of Import and Export to be incorrect.

Thank you B-Man and Iwsmiser I looked at others and there numbers match hence my confusion.

@bankstownbloke would you have any other suggestions?

Thanks - this is clear now, the problem is with the daily data not the live data.

@hillside - the system is missing tariff rates, currently it is at 0c per kWh and will not register TOU or export/import.

At least a peak and off-peak rate for both export and import is required.

I did mention about the tariff rates here and assumed it was attempted i guess not. Atleast i was on the right track.

Looking for help to confirm my setup is ok?

After helping on alot of forums i understand why stackexchange is so picky with posting questions