Billing Cycles

The billing cycle feature is now available under the Edit Tariff screen, just above the TOU settings.

A cycle can have 2 to 4 periods, typically seasons.

Click on the Load link below the config to load a seasonal sample.

After saving the billing cycle the Billing view link appears between the Yearly and Summary view.

The graph and table data appears as per other aggregate views except the days are now grouped by the configured billing cycle.

Currently only the last 8 periods / 2 cycles are shown, the data cannot be sorted.

3 Likes

Love this Billing, it’s what I really wanted to see.

Basically to cross check bills and the online cost estimate via AGL’s website, especially the latter as AGL’s data can be days behind, so PVO’s better for me.

Have just done the first and found that my exports are 99.9% accurate,
but sadly consumption is out by about 3% in AGL’s favour (outside Enphase’s 2.5% in the blurb)

So my first attempt at adding an AutoUpLoader Rule to the secondary device (consumption) as per:-

if(in) power *= 1.033;

What’s the chance of getting this expanded to a total of 6 billing cycles for those of us who receive a bill every other month? Thanks

I like the idea of comparing PVO with our quarterly bills, however our billing periods don’t start/end on the same date each quarter. Be handy to be able to enter actual billing dates.

e.g. these are our quarterly bill start dates for last 13 quarters:

2016 2017 2018 2019
11-Jan 11-Jan 09-Jan
08-Apr 12-Apr 12-Apr 09-Apr
12-Jul 11-Jul 11-Jul
12-Oct 11-Oct 11-Oct

How lucky can you be…only quarterly billing. Our billing is monthly and on 21 different schedules. You must find the applicable cycle which is printed on you bill. Impossible to put into PVOutput.

3 Likes

You could a) find your billing cycle. b) select quarterly dates and input those. That would leave you 1 month (the middle) out of 3 not able to check directly. The 1st month would show month-to-date and could be checked and the 3rd would also show month-to-date, but if they change each year again like many, it would mean changes each year.

Fortunately this just managed to fit.

1 Like

The SDG&E IT department must love this. (Un)fortunately PVOutput isn’t going to support this.

SDG&E doesn’t explain how the cycle for a given year is determined. It has been Cycle 21 for the last three years but there is a new schedule of cycles due for 2020 probably because it is a leap year but no way of knowing which of the 21 cycles they will be using.
As you suggest the IT must be happily devising new cycles full time. I added up the days for the 2020 schedules and there are a total of 366 except every 4th and 5th cycle has 368 billing days. Really strange…two extra days of billing per year.

just done mine to check. I had a 4 cent debit for my last bill and PVOutput is showing as $60 credit.
not sure where its different will have to look into it a bit more.
Tariffs are correct and i use S0 Pulse metering and direct inverter push for generation so it should be basically spot on.

Oh my, why on Earth would they have such a complicated system?

I’d actually be happy with monthly billing rather than quarterly. Now that the bills are way less due to solar PV, it’s not such an issue. Those old bills of $1.5-2k are a thing of the past fortunately!

1 Like

Thank you bankstownbloke for adding the additional two billing cycles.

1 Like

Where I live we’re on monthly billing cycles. Any chance of doubling to 12?

The existing monthly view should be sufficient for this purpose.

Yes and no… my months don’t start on the 1st, but a few days later (I believe the 6th). I figured if I can fill out the exact start date in the fields, that it would give me a more correct overview with what I can expect from the utility company.

It this a donor feature? I can see the fields to input the data, but they are not editable on my tariff page. Nor is there the Load link present below it. Other fields on this page are editable.
billing%20cycle

Yes, its a donation feature.

I’m trying sync up my PVO to utility bill.

Energy provider bills on a 2 month cycle. Tarifs stay the same throughout the year.

Is the only way to do this via PVO to enter in the dates for the 6 annual periods? How does this then get applied historically?

Is there an easier way? Maybe a feature suggestion?

Yes, if there are 6 distinct dates for each year, then they all need to be entered.

The billing period/cycle is just a grouping mechanism that is applied to the same month/day every year, historic or otherwise.

Australia must be one of very few places with quarterly billing. Canada and New Zealand are monthly. Quarterly seems odd. The bills must be huge for most people.
I tried to input my booking dates and son realised it’s not possible with only 6 cycles. I suppose I could pretend it’s every 2 months.