Weather Underground API GONE?

Hi Peter H,

I suspect that someone at BoM may be blocking the default PHP ‘user-agent’ string. When I tried retrieving the JSON file with WGET all was well so I assumed that the User-Agent string might be causing issues.

So after line #50 in fronius.php I added some code to change the User-Agent string. I advised the script’s author at the time. Since adding the User-Agent the script has behaved itself.

// Predeclare our variables
$consumptionEnergyTotal = NULL;
$consumptionPowerLive = NULL;
$inverterVoltageLive = NULL;
$inverterEnergyTotal = NULL;
$inverterPowerLive = NULL;
$temperature = null;

//
// Added $context to get around HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
//

$context = stream_context_create(
array(
“http” => array(
“header” => “User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36”
)
)
);

As of the 4th of March 2019 anyone with a free account API that does not have a personal weather station attached has had their account manually disabled.

yep, the Wunderground API was terminated yesterday. :frowning:

So when is PVOutput going to be able to handle the new WU API?

There is no new WU API. The current API from WU will still work if you have a free account AND a personal weather station populating WU. If you only have a free account and an API, this has now been manually disabled by WU due to their new pricing structure…

Thanks for the reply. Still confused, by the WU contact person saying I needed to get a new API key even though I have a free account and have a weather station uploading to WU.

It sounded like my current API key was now invalid since they turned off the free accounts.

I do pay WU to keep the ads off my weather station page but I don’t believe that has anything to do with their new income stream from paid API access.

So whats the best fix…