Tariff Feeds

It is now possible to provide 5-minute tariff data for either import (debit) / export (credit) using an Extended Data parameter.

On the Edit Tariff screen the option to assign an Extended Data as a tariff feed is now available, either credit or debit.

The feed values should be in cents and positive. A negative rate will reverse the result.

Importing

• Positive Debit Feed → Import * +Debit Rate = Debited
  • Negative Debit Feed → Import * -Debit Rate = Credited

Exporting

• Positive Credit Feed → Export * +Credit Rate = Credited
  • Negative Credit Feed → Export * -Credit Rate = Debited

The same feed can be used for both import and export, however it is best to use two separate feeds for clarity.

Gross / Net feeds

Using a ‘Gross’ model will multiply rates by the consumption/generation against the feed instead of import/export.

Mixing and matching the feed is possible. e.g.

1. Import (Net) Tariff Feed rates
  2. Export (Gross) TOU rates

Feeds are also supported via tariff plans so they can be specifically enabled for a date range for example.

The system live page balance hover tooltip shows the assigned tariff feed, and the average feed rate per TOU period.

This is a great addition - thank you!

There are quite a few working parts to getting this set up, I have now figured out some but I’m just bumbling around - is there a step by step guide somewhere that shows how to configure this properly?

It’s been a long time since I originally set up my system and I haven’t had to do this all manually like this.

Unfortunately there isn’t. The steps are roughly -

1. Setup an Extended Parameter (v7-v12)
  2. Upload the 5-minute tariff data to it (in cents)
  3. Assign this parameter as the “Tariff Feed”

The net export / import will now be calculated every 5-minutes using the parameter data feed.

Bumping an old thread

I’m thinking of switching to Amber Electric which charges spot pricing for import and export. I have read BB’S post but I don’t quite understand how PVOutput is calculating the spot tariff to use in the extended parameter. Can anyone explain this to me? TIA.

There needs to be a feed to one of your extended parameters with the tariff rate every 5-minutes. When the extended parameter is assigned as a tariff feed, the extended value will be used as a dynamic tariff rate instead of the fixed rates entered in the tariff page.

Thanks BB

I tried configuring it but I type in the extended parameter e.g. Debit Tariff (V7) Credit Tariff (V8), save it and it disappears i.e. I cannot select the extended parameter in the drop down list when editing the tariff and the extended parameters I created have disappeared. This also happens with some other settings fields BTW such as no of panels (I have 42 but when I enter settings the panel count drops to 32 and resizes the system.) Ditto I cannot change my PWS even though I’m using a new api it keeps changing to the name of an old PWS that is retired. Off topic I know but may be related to why I can’t create the extended data parameters for the tariff feeds

The extended parameter only appears under the “Tariff Feed” dropdown after it has been configured and saved on the Edit System page.

Are you not able to setup an extended parameter?