PVOUTPUT Does Not Match What Enphase Has

So I noticed some days there is a 3 wrong 5 minute interval recordings showing a dip in power on PVOUTPUT live as auto loaded from ENPHASE for my system yet Enphase does noth ave that information recorded but had what I show below in detail. So today sunday 2/17 at 7:45am to 7:55am I noticed this for those times from my system live observation: IMANsNYPower4MyVOLTmaxInverter 8.100kW
Here is a picture of the live values from PVOUTPUT site for that time period. I also included 1 recording before and after to show the normal values recorded ok before and after the problem area.
My LIVE SYSETM IN QUESTION BELOW HERE

My ENPHASE data compare to PVOUTPUT recorded values.
7:40 2.54W while PVOUTPUT shows 2.543W correctly
7:45 2.92W while PVOUTPUT shows 1.769W incorrectly
7:50 3.24W while PVOUTPUT shows 0.000W incorrectly
7:55 3.50W while PVOUTPUT shows 1.323W incorrectly
8:00 3.74W while PVOUTPUT shows 3.744W correctly

Note ENphase web only shows me to 2 decimals.
So why is PVOUTPUT wrong for 7:45 to 7:55?
An no there are no clouds out and as noted above Nor did Enphase record what PVOUTPUT is showing for thase 3 x 5 minute interval.
As I stated I saw this several times in the past already but did not bother do a detail compare to what ENPHASE has. BTW I am writing this and comparing as of 12:30pm on the same day NY Time.

Possibly related to the below. If Enphase is updating the data after 24hrs then PVOutput will not pick it up.

1 Like

I get this most days now, with usually between 1 and 3 intervals of 0W reported (note, not a lack of a report as the other data is correct) but this “magically” fixes itself overnight (I am in the UK).

I doubt it was late as let alone 24hrs as I stated I was watching it real time on my enphase site that I privately sign into NOT the public one. Regarding correcting itslef, it indeed seemes to have corrected some of its own data but the problem for me is all times were corrected by PVOUTPUT but the 7:50 time value is still wrong though it did change from 0 to 1,620W which still should be 3.24kW. And that value I said enphase had was there when I wrote this post and seems more like PVOUTPUT has a bug not collecting and storing it right unless someone thinks that what I see live in enphase live is not what is sent to PVOUPUT in their READ/API which seems highely unlikely. And what I see on my ENPHASE live account that I saw Sunday I still I see there right now again on monday night. There is no dip from 7:45 to 8am. My theory stands a PVOUTPUT bug when getting the values and storing them having issues.

PVOutput only displays what is provided by the Enphase API.

How Enphase sources the data on Enlighten may be different and not going through the standard API which external parties such as PVOutput need to use.

When Enphase corrects the data then PVOutput will display the correct value as per below.

Being an IT guy myself its hard to believe that Enphase is storing 2 sets of values they received from my home. As I said I saw the values there sunday and still saw them on their live web site for my account monday night and PVOUT does not match. If they indeed have 2 sets of value SHAME on them for such a shody data model.

1 Like

For a while now my data (solar generated) from Enphase on PVOutPut does not come close to being accurate. For example PVOutPut shows I stared generating at about 9:25am this morning, but Enphase says I was generating at 6:20am. I am a paid PVOutPut user… has been ongoing since at least December. Appears like it doesn’t even try and ping Enphase for data until after 9am.

It looks like Enphase have added an hourly rate limit of the number of requests PVOutput can make on behalf of all PVOutput Enphase systems.

Asked their team if this can be relaxed a bit until a more permanent solution can be found to keep under the new restrictions.

That’s weird because I have a co-worker who’s PVOutPut account isn’t donation status and his enphase data on PVOutput is there from the moment his panels turn on way before 9am… I don’t know if he’s using v4 API, I can ask him though…

Upon closer inspection, it doesn’t seem to be rate limit related as the data appears to be complete, although it starts 9AM.

PVOutput retrieves the full days data from Enphase unless some microinverters are not reporting between 6AM and 9AM, this would be the only case when the data would be ignored.

I’ve noticed this as well and in my looking I have found that I think the issue is related to what the time is set to either on the microinverters or enlighten server vs pvoutput. Looking at the last reported time for my microinverters through Enlighten I have some that have reported “in the future”. For example when I looked it was 9:43 am but I had microinverters that had reported in at 9:42, 9:44, and 9:46 according to Enlighten. Connecting to the web interface on my Gateway the Gateway shows current time 4 minutes ahead of what the actual time is. I’m not sure where the Gateway gets it’s time from but apparently not a NTP time source like most things like computers use or it would show the correct time. It’s not to serious of a issue in my opinion because my daily totals are only off usually by 50-100 watts.Even Enphases own daily total doesn’t match what I get if I download the daily totals by microinverter or if I use their recent production report that has 5 minute intervals. LOL

This still doesn’t appear to be working correctly, PVOutput shows I only generated 31.828kWh, enphase shows 37.99kWh, envoy shows 37.1 kWh. Problem seems to be it’s missing a lot of production before about 9am on PVOutput.

Compare two sites both have Enphase, Andrew’s is donation, Chewie8han’s is non donation account. We live only about a mile apart, there’s no reason my system isn’t reporting to PVoutput about the same time as his as it’s clearly generating according to Enphase and Enlighten.

Upon closer look enphase doesn’t start until 9:15am for some reason today. It appears according to Envoy that they turned on around 6:57am, which would make sense for daylight.

Update: Apparently Enphase set my GPS location to some random place in CA on 9/19/2022 as this was the last day there’s data around 7:05am, but yet I live in PA… go figures…