One array with panels facing E, S, and W

Hello,

I was exploring how to add my system to the site and have a question. I have 11 E facing, 11 W facing, and 8 S facing panels with two inverters. I only see an option to add a secondary array, but not a tertiary. How do I set up my system properly on the site? If I set them up at multiple sites based on what panels are on each inverter, is there a way to see total output of both sites in a single view?

thx

Hi yes you can do this ,see under HELP section—Data Aggeration—Parent–Child systems,Jim

You’ll probably want to be able to track and do stats on the two inverter separately, a well as combined, so look at https://pvoutput.org/help.html#general-aggregation
Set up two ‘child’ systems, one for each inverter - and each of these could have a primary and secondary panel array for insolation modelling.
Then you set up a third system as ‘Parent’ to aggregate the stats from each child together.

1 Like

Ah, I thought that would help me too but not quite. I also have a 3 aspect facing setup but on only one inverter (and one string) using optimisers. I kind of faked it in my setup by saying it was a one array using some weighted azimuth based on how many panels I have facing each way. I end up with a production that is more spread out during the day than the insulation line but overall it’s it that bad. I guess there wouldn’t be too many weird setups like mine to justify the interface change to support that case?

At least one :slight_smile: - thats almost exactly my situation - 3 directions, on 2 strings, into one inverter, right down to combining the two directions with the smallest number of panels into a single aggregate with a ‘blended’ azimuth for the secondary array. It works fine, at the end of the day its the combined number thats important - and my synthesised azimuth must be close to right, as the calculated ‘insolation curve’ is fairly spot-on to the actuals.

I have a SolarEdge setup with 2 orientations, but on each orientation 2 elevations.

So:
8x panel North/East 10 elevation (flat roof on 2e floor)
8x panel North/East 12.5 elevation (flat roof on 3e floor)
8x Panel South/West 12.5 elevation (flat roof on 3e floor)
8x Panel South/West 60 elevation (slanted roof on 2e to 3e floor)

The 8 panels on North/east 10 elevation in shadow of the house in the (morning depending on season)
The 8 panels on south/west 60 elevation in shadow of the neighbor house (afternoon depending of the season)

I have now 2 arrays in pvoutput.

1. Is east/west with the 2x 8 panels in 12.5 elevation
  2. The south/west 60 elevation.

But now i have updated the North/east 10 elevation panels and i cannot add a 3rd array.

I could make the 2nd array again east/west. It are 350 watt panels on the 60 degrees south/west roof and 325 watt panels on the new north/east 10 degrees elevation.

If i want to setup east/west middle that out somewhat it would be like 30 degrees, but the calculation would be wrong.

Is a 3rd array an option ? Is is all in one string…

The limit is 2 at the moment.

yes its possible to have 3,4,or 6 or 7 arrays, please see this post,— [
above

Nov 2

Hi yes you can do this ,see under HELP section—Data Aggeration—Parent–Child systems,Jim

Old topic … but yes it would be gread to add 3,4,… arrays option…