One array with panels facing E, S, and W

Hello,

I was exploring how to add my system to the site and have a question. I have 11 E facing, 11 W facing, and 8 S facing panels with two inverters. I only see an option to add a secondary array, but not a tertiary. How do I set up my system properly on the site? If I set them up at multiple sites based on what panels are on each inverter, is there a way to see total output of both sites in a single view?

thx

Hi yes you can do this ,see under HELP section—Data Aggeration—Parent–Child systems,Jim

You’ll probably want to be able to track and do stats on the two inverter separately, a well as combined, so look at https://pvoutput.org/help.html#general-aggregation
Set up two ‘child’ systems, one for each inverter - and each of these could have a primary and secondary panel array for insolation modelling.
Then you set up a third system as ‘Parent’ to aggregate the stats from each child together.

Ah, I thought that would help me too but not quite. I also have a 3 aspect facing setup but on only one inverter (and one string) using optimisers. I kind of faked it in my setup by saying it was a one array using some weighted azimuth based on how many panels I have facing each way. I end up with a production that is more spread out during the day than the insulation line but overall it’s it that bad. I guess there wouldn’t be too many weird setups like mine to justify the interface change to support that case?

At least one :slight_smile: - thats almost exactly my situation - 3 directions, on 2 strings, into one inverter, right down to combining the two directions with the smallest number of panels into a single aggregate with a ‘blended’ azimuth for the secondary array. It works fine, at the end of the day its the combined number thats important - and my synthesised azimuth must be close to right, as the calculated ‘insolation curve’ is fairly spot-on to the actuals.