Net Billing calculations

My local government deregulated our energy system, which means that our power bills are split up between energy costs and transmission and distribution charges.

Net billing is similar to net metering if you only take into account the energy charges. Imported energy is charged at a specific cost per kWh, and energy exports are credited at this same amount.

However in the net billing world, each kWh of energy imported also has the transmission and distribution charges associated.

For example, every kWh imported is charged at $0.10/kWh, plus an additional $0.08/ kWh T&D.
Every kWh exported is credited at $0.10/kWh.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to model this import/export cost disparity in the tarrif settings.

I saw another post where someone was dealing with the opposite where every kWh generated produced an extra credit, but there was no solution.

I am thinking this would require a Net charge with different import and export values, and that would allow configuration of the desired rates.

James

would you not put consumption at a cost of $0.18 and generation at $0.10

then treat as a normal import/ export system?

otherwise there’s something where you can send the tariff as an extended data

I suspect you are correct… now I just have to figure out how to get that set up. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the way this site works, and the wording used.

Tarrifs seems to be the worst for me to try and decipher.

You have given me something to investigate, and it sounds like it might be what I am looking for.

Off to explore.