Growatt MIN 5000TL-XH live output

New system installed yesterday with Shine Wifi-X data logger that currently outputs to server.growatt.com

I can view the 5 minute updates from the web portal however cannot see any way to download this output in csv format to upload manually to PVOutput.

Ideally I would prefer to have a live output to PVOutput.

I have ZERO coding/IT knowledge and all my computers are Windows based.

Have sufficiently confused myself trying to understand various threads that may as well be written in a foreign language regarding Rasberry Pi, grott, USB to RS485 adapters - all of which has gone right over my head.

Is there a simple way to get the information from server.growatt.com to PVOutput?

Alternatively can I buy a fully setup device that will intercept the data and output to PVOutput?

Hi Mike,
I am in a similar situation as you, but my inverter is a Growatt MOD 3-15KTL3-X and I have been looking for a way to auto upload or even unload the 5 minutes figs from yesterday in CSV format.
I have however for the the time being just doing a manual addition for each past day. Site name is " Hill Top - Power " I started about 3 week ago.

So far I have found out to obtain to info like the " Fronius " you will need to add a smart meter, not the main meter in your power box it is called a " Growatt smart meter " I have 3 phase and will cost about $160 Aus. this will present the info in 5 min stages , generation, own use, sent to grid and drawn from grid. I don’t know if or how to get the info into csv but I’m sure we will be able to. if I find out any more or if you I’ll post here.
cheers
Richard
South Coast Aussie. NSW

I have a growatt system and have linked it up to PVOutput using a Home Assistant

Then I setup a schedule every 5 mins to update PVOutput.org
Search Home Assistant + PVOutput

Works well when the growatt APIs work. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Here is the link for Home Assistant + PV Output

Appreciate the reply and information.

I’m stuck at the first section trying to create the Virtual Machine on my Windows Laptop - it says to Select Connection > Your Virtual Switch that is bridged however I only have the choice of “not connected” or “default switch” when it comes to connection.

I don’t know where to go from here

OK I have fumbled through things and got the Home Assistant Operating System installed but cannot get the Home Assistant Core installed despite reading everything line for line.

I installed python and apt, managed to get Ubuntu installed but as soon as I try the first command “sudo apt-get update” I get an error - ‘sudo’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I can open the Home Assistant interface but gather nothing will work without the Core installed.

The most simple way to setup Home Assistant is using Virtual Box on windows IMHO
Home Assistant / Documentation / installation / windows / virtual box

Once you have that running you can login using the URL in the guide above.

I have installed Home Assistant without an issue.

I can’t install Home Assistant Core, and it seems to indicate it won’t run without it.

That said I can see details of my system without Home Assistant Core installed

What method did you use to Install Home Assistant? I’ve not seen it installed without the Core

Sorry Mike, I’ve been trying to add links to doc on the home assistant page but they have been reported as SPAM.

I followed the process outlined here - Windows - Home Assistant that seems to install the operating system by establishing a VM (I used Hyper-V) and I can then log in to Home Assistant and add the Growatt integration and PVOutput integration.

It seems to be pulling data from the Growatt web server but not updating PVOutput. I haven’t worked out how to add a 5 minute schedule to update PVOutput.

Further down the page of install instructions it says to install of Home Assistant Core - this is what I can’t achieve. I assume this has to be installed before Home Assistant works properly

You need to create a REST Command and then Setup an Automation to use it every 10 mins or so.

This is from the Forum of Home Assistant

The following solution works in my setup, and does away with the secret problem. It uploads power and energy generation.

In configuration.yaml:

rest_command:
  pvoutput_generation:
    method: POST
    url: https://pvoutput.org/service/r2/addstatus.jsp
    headers:
      X-Pvoutput-Apikey: !secret pvoutput_api_key
      X-Pvoutput-SystemId: !secret pvoutput_system_id
    payload: 'd={{now().strftime("%Y%m%d")}}&t={{now().strftime("%H:%M")}}&v1={{states.sensor.growatt_energytoday.state|round(1)*1000}}&v2={{states.sensor.growatt_acpower.state|round(0)}}'
    content_type: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

Then going into the Automations section and create an Automation to use the Rest Command like this:

Sorry I posted links but the admins removed them and flagged them as SPAM.

The easiest way to Edit the Configuration.yaml is to use the add on called Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 07.37.12

I wasn’t sure what the secret part of the API key and SystemID so I replaced that with my actual API key and SystemID in the code at configuration.yaml

I then created the automation as outlined.

The automation has run a few times so far however nothing has been uploaded to PVOutput.

Thinking the way I modified the configuration.yaml code may not be correct?

Firstly the “Secrets” are meant to be Private and not shared so I hope those are random numbers in the screen shot.

The keys you want are these from the PVOutput Settings Page See Pictures.
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 07.31.12

Here is a copy of my payload yours might need changing to the objects you have.

payload: 'd={{now().strftime("%Y%m%d")}}&t={{now().strftime("%H:%M")}}&v1={{states.sensor.ouctcXXXX_solar_energy_today.state|round(3)*1000}}&v2={{states.sensor.ouctcXXXX_all_pv_wattage.state|round(3)*1000}}&v3={{states.sensor.ouctcXXXX_lifetime_load_consumption.state|round(3)*1000}}&v4={{states.sensor.ouctcXXXX_load_consumption.state|round(3)*1000}}&v5={{states.sensor.met_office_heckfield_temperature_3_hourly.state}}&v6={{states.sensor.ouctcXXXX_pv1_voltage.state|round(1)+states.sensor.ouctcXXXX_pv2_voltage.state|round(1)}}'

You might need to remove v5 if you don’t have weather setup.

Personally I would start with just the first v1 and v2 to test.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 07.30.06

I have removed the majority of the API and SystemID data in my screenshot.

If I leave the code as is (!secret pvoutput_api_key and !secret pvoutput_system_id), how does the script find my API Key and System ID?

There must be somewhere that I have to code/enter the actual values for these.

I have removed the majority of the API and SystemID data in my screenshot.
Great!

If I leave the code as is (!secret pvoutput_api_key and !secret pvoutput_system_id), how does the script find my API Key and System ID?
If you use the !secret variables then the system looks in the secret.yaml file for the values.

There must be somewhere that I have to code/enter the actual values for these.
I looked on the Home Assistant Forum (but I cannot post links apparently) for ideas and worked out the device parameters, yours being growatt should be a simple matter of taking my payload above and replacing the ouctcXXXX with whatever your device is called.

Hope this helps.

Did as you suggested and trying to test with 2 variables

payload: ‘d={{now().strftime("%Y%m%d")}}&t={{now().strftime("%H:%M")}}&v1={{states.sensor.dianella_total_energy_today.state|round(3)*1000}}&v2={{states.sensor.dianella_total_output_power.state|round(3)*1000}}’

Automation runs but I get the following error:

I have no clue what the problem could be

1 Like