Fronius Push

Hi, I am very pleased to report today’s results look much closer to the SolarWeb data (within ~100w). I rebooted the inverter/meter last night, but I also changed the push settings and added the hourly update, so I don’t know what actually fixed it.

Anyway I wish to rescind the derision shown towards my smart meter. I now love my smart meter. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

New to PVoutputs - Cannot seem to get the Push working. I have followed the instructions to a tee, ensured the SID and API key’s have been placed in the relevant fields etc, even reset the datalogger.

I dont have a fronius smart meter but just wanting to push my generation to pvoutputs, can anyone recommend things I can do or even let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong?

Hi is your push service looking like this,

go to inverter screen, log in to settings then push service, you should see.

{State: Successful 1 minutes ago} or 2-3-4-min ago ,if not set it all up again may be the best way to fix it

because the push from your inverter end is not working-- also the help section on this site --Push services Fronius post Jim

I just got a Fronius Symo installed, I have donated. During the day the generation and power used is correct, hovers around 3-500W for power used. However when I check the next morning the power used and energy used seems to try and be around what the generation is which is of course very high and not correct. I’ve read a few of these threads but confused myself on what I should change. Not sure if the nodayenergy bit should be used, my push scripts are:

Inverter
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=xxx&key=xxx&dayenergy=1&delay=5
Meter
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=xxx&key=xxx&v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&v8=Current_AC_Phase_1&auto=1&delay=5
Logdata
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=xxx&key=xxx&nodayenergy=1

https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=1279

Thanks!

I have a Symo as well. It took me a while to settle on what seems to work. Even then I see anomalies in the live data chart that magically disappear later in the day, so my settings are probably not ideal.

In my meter push setting I have n=1 rather than auto=1. But after reading the help page I perhaps should change it to auto=1.

My delay=5 setting is in the inverter push but not in the meter push.

It’s not clear to me which push settings should have the delay set, the meter push or the inverter push, or both, or neither?

The help section of example configurations I find confusing. Are they examples of inverter push, meter push or log push?

I initially used this article for what to do https://www.cravingtech.com/how-to-setup-pvoutput-with-your-new-fronius-inverter-smart-meter-solar-system.html

However the image at the top shows the exact issue I have which is… interesting as the consumption follows the generation. During the day the consumption figures are all correct, its only when generation stops that it suddenly starts “changing” all the consumption figures. I’m just not sure what to change to troubleshoot. The &nodayenergy=1 in the article isn’t noted anywhere that I’ve found so no idea there either.

• nodayenergy=1 is only used for on the Inverter push.
  • Remove the delay from the inverter, delays are used for meter push only to ensure inverter data is processed before net meter data.
  • If auto=1 does not work after 24hrs, try n=1 instead.
  • LogData push will fix discrepancies every hour.

I have a Fronius Symo 5.0-3-M and the following settings work fine for me. After I added the ‘auto=1’ term it took overnight for things to settle down.

Meter
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=XXX&key=YYY

Inverter
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=XXX&key=YYY&v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&auto=1

Log
/service/r2/froniuspost.jsp?sid=XXX&key=YYY

Thanks I’ve removed delay on the inverter and changed to n=1 on meter I’ll report what happens.

Yeah, my delay setting was on the inverter push and not on the meter push. I’ve swapped mine around, Maybe that’s what was causing the strange live chart readings which later on would disappear.

No joy, even with n=1 at the end of the day it puts the consumption up to what the generation is minus the actual usage. Not sure what else to try, I removed n=1 entirely and its doing the wrong thing (gross?) straight away.

Did you alter any of the PVOutput settings within your account? I refer specifically to the NET settings.

No they look the same as yours.

Do you have the correct ‘Data Format’ for the two pushes?

Have you configured v8 to accept / display v8=Current_AC_Phase_1? I can’t see any extended attributes for your inverter.

I have &v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&delay=5 not v8 on the meter push. Also tried &auto=1 or &n=1 on meter push.

Today 26/Apr at 6:40PM it looks correct -

Yep sure does, I put the auto=1 back into meter after sunset last night however removed the logdata push. I’ll put the logdata push back in and see if it behaves.

If the hourly log push is breaking the graph then possibly it is pushing Gross consumption instead of Net.

In that case, on the Log Push add &mode=2 to the end of the push config.

Thanks, just re-added log push with &mode=2 and its changed the graphs to the consumption = generation + power used again for part of today :frowning: EDIT: Actually I made a typo in it, now fixed will see what happens tomorrow.

Seems to have fixed the issue however with yesterdays it had a long period of day time with 0W recorded for consumption which it hasn’t done before. It also seems to be putting a huge spike in consumption around 6pm which has also happened a couple of times in recent days?