Fronius Push

I’ve removed the log push and the spikes don’t come back, I’ve got a lot of small 0W consumption times during the day time which I understand the log push fixes (or kind of didn’t in my case) but oh well.

If you are interested in troubleshooting this, send an email to pvoutput@gmail.com and we can redirect your log pushes to a destination to analyse the data over 24hrs.

I have a Fronius Symo - daily KWh output is drastically under-reported although five minute increments seems fine. Any suggestions on how to start diagnosing the issue?

What ‘push’ string[s] are you using?

Did you follow the instructions at https://www.pvoutput.org/help.html#push-froniuspost

now a donor and the log push seems to have fixed it.

The LOG PUSH seems to fix quite a few of the ‘missing data’ problems. :grinning:

I have a Fronius inverter that has been pushing 5 minute interval energy data, and hourly log data for several months without issue (never missed a data point). I do not have the smart meter, but have paid the donation to PVoutput (doesn’t expire until November).

On Saturday however, there was no data pushed for the entire day. Sunday worked as normal, but nothing at all again yesterday or today so far.

Solar web is showing all data as normal. I hadn’t changed anything at home in terms of wifi, or the push settings of the inverter.

I have tried a new API, and updated it in the inverter, but still nothing. I also restarted the datalogger in the inverter settings.

Any ideas on how to fix?

FWIW, I’m on the latest Fronius firmware, uploading over WiFi, no issues over the weekend - so it is probably something with your system, not a wider issue.

Are you able to reliably ping the Fronius IP address while having problems uploading? if so, that would suggest you could rule out a WiFi/connectivity issue.

Would it be worth using something like the WiFi Analyzer app, standing next to your inverter, to see if perhaps a neighbour has fired up a new WiFi SSID on the same channel you are using, and perhaps swamping your signal?

In the Fronius, under ‘settings’ -> ‘network’, you can see the WiFi system you’re connected to, the channel number, and signal strength. How strong is the wifi signal (x bars out of 3), and are there any other systems using the same channel number (1 to 13)?

Thanks for the reply. I have tried pinging the Fronius address a few times, and it worked fine. The push service however shows “Connection not possible” for both pushes.

I did put a wifi range extender in the garage to address low signal issues when the PV system was installed, and it shows full signal (3 bars). Not sure about the channel number - I’ll take a closer look at the wifi when get home later to see if it is something like you suggested, but I would have thought solar web would have issues if it was a wifi problem?

I did restart the NBN device and the modem, although I hadn’t thought of restarting the range extender. I’ll do that tonight also.

I have also tried installing the latest firmware from solar web, but it keeps failing. Not sure if that is related or not…

Sounds like some intermittant difficulty with offsite connections - a NAT issue, or being issued an IP address in a wrong range, or something. I’ve found SolarWeb seems to only need one or two good connections through the day, and the inverter seems to store up data it has been unable to upload to solarweb until it gets a good connection, then uploads the whole backlog, so the fact that Solarweb has no holes isn’t too surprising. Does it always get the same IP address allocated each time, or can it vary between reboots? Any chance the inverter is being issued the same IP address as another device on occasion? (The Fronius by default goes to sleep/off after sunset, and ‘wakes up’ in the morning when the panels start to provide sufficient power - so each morning it effectively powers-on and requests a new IP address from the router, if using DHCP and not a statically-configured internal IP address)

So I restarted the range extender once I got home, and it is now working :slight_smile: Hopefully the issue doesn’t return.

I did also check the WiFi next to the inverter, and there’s nothing else on the same channel. Signal strength is also high.

The IP address does change regularly. Has never been a problem before, but I guess it could be.

I’m gonna blame it on the leap day!

1 Like

It might pay to check and see if there is any newer firmware releases for your WiFi Extender.

I’ve just realised my Fronius 802.1 inverter stopped pushing data to PV Output after 15:15 on the 12th of April 2023.

I did have an ASUS router fail around then…and replaced it with the telco’s supplied Huawei fibre router. I forgot about the inverter for a week or so…and realised it had not been updating. I’ve connected the Fronius to the new WiFi but the push service says “Connection not possible”.

I also can’t see any stats through Fronius Solarweb…so maybe my wifi connection is not viable. The Huawei is weak tea compared to the
ASUS RT-ac86u.