Fronius Primo Gen24 Plus no longer has a push interface

Thanks a lot !! It works perfect! The problems with the Energy Used failures are cleared.

Another happy customer :smile:

@grannos Could you please PM me the script too ??

Thanks

Out of interest, when using the @grannos script for uploading data. What information do you need to input to make it work?

Thanks,

Hi @anon77768061,

The script needs to be modified so that it has: The network address of the inverter, your PVO SID, your PVO APIKEY and your TIMEZONE. All of the inverter output data are sucked out of the GEN24 using various ( GEN24 ) API calls.

The network address can be either the IP address or the HOSTNAME but only if you have some sort of local name resolution working. My home router resolves the HOSTNAME ‘fronius’ to the correct local IP address. The IP address is allocated based upon the Fronius’ MAC address by my router. You could also add an entry to the /etc/hosts file on the device running the script. This can become a problem though if something on the network changes ( you install a new router ).

Grannos.

[EDIT]
Script PM’d
[/EDIT]

Hi All,

For the reasons that I outlined above in March I didn’t want to publish the script publicly somewhere like Github. I do not have a GEN24 myself so I would only be able to modify, fix or update the script that I have written if someone’s prepared to give me access to their system - I realise that this is a big ask. For these reasons I’ve chosen not to publish the script. Of course I still expect that one day soon Fronius will tidy up the new API.

I have just realised though that the script, as it stands, pushes values [ v7 … v10 ] in addition to the ‘basics’. This was done because @sulzbacher who kindly gave me access to his GEN24, wanted the extra data extracted. Of course though if a non donor wishes to use the script they should either ( i ) disable these extra fields or ( ii ) become a donor. I hope that this issue has not caused any problems for anyone.

Grannos.

1 Like

Amazing.

Thank you for this I’ll give it a crack this evening and see what happens :slight_smile:

Another happy @grannos customer.

I’m pulling in live data from my inverter and can now see it on the site. Happy days! Thank you. Now to figure out how to get the temp showing up.

@grannos are you able to forward me the script also? :slight_smile: Thanks

Hi @wormpower. Done…

Welcome to the PVO forum.

Grannos

Hi @grannos, smart meter was installed this morning for my Primo Gen24 solar installation. Would love a copy of your script if you’re still happy to provide it.

thanks

Hi @ThirroulPower - Welcome to the PVO forum. I’ve PM’d you the script.

For all of you other GEN24 owners out there have any of you used the GEN24’s backup socket in anger? How does it work when the sunlight is highly variable - scattered clouds and what sort of load[s] have you tried to run? I’m curious.

Regards,
@grannos

2 Likes

[quote=“grannos, post:69, topic:5208, full:true”]
Hi @ThirroulPower - Welcome to the PVO forum. I’ve PM’d you the script.

For all of you other GEN24 owners out there have any of you used the GEN24’s backup socket in anger?

Yes!

How does it work when the sunlight is highly variable - scattered clouds and what sort of load[s] have you tried to run? I’m curious.

Regards,
@grannos
[/quote]

Not sure…I think it’s only been mostly sunny days that it’s kicked in for us.

We have several UPS’s which can use the backup power & they run TVs, computers, routers & some LED lighting so nothing too taxing.

:slight_smile:

Hi @grannos

I have a Gen24, can you please PM me your script? thanks

Hi,

Done from my iPad after a few attempts.

Welcome to PVO.

G

1 Like

Hi there @grannos - I would also really appreciate a copy of your script for the GEN24 (I’ve PM’d you as well). Thanks for your excellent work and kind help on this conundrum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also done.

Don’t forget that you need to enable API access to the GEN24 within its GUI. Instructions are elsewhere. If API access isn’t enabled the script, or any script, won’t work.

Grannos

Hi GEN24 owners. Could someone please look at the output of

http://fronius/solar_api/v1/GetMeterRealtimeData.cgi?Scope=Device&DeviceId=0

I am specifically interested in the timestamp that should appear near the end of the API output. What I actually want to know is does your GEN24 provide an actual TIMEZONE value? or just 00:00. If the value is non zero does it agree with your current timezone with / without daylight savings.

Below is an example of the output from my non - GEN24 showing the date & time that the API call was made together with my TIMEZONE.

Thanks All
Grannos

"Head" : {
      "RequestArguments" : {
         "DeviceClass" : "Meter",
         "DeviceId" : "0",
         "Scope" : "Device"
      },
      "Status" : {
         "Code" : 0,
         "Reason" : "",
         "UserMessage" : ""
      },
      **"**Timestamp" : "2024-01-30T15:52:59+08:00**"**
   }

Hi grannos,
it looks exactly like your output

“Timestamp” : “2024-02-05T15:49:43+00:00”

Hi @sulzbacher nice to hear from you. Thanks for the info. It looks like GEN24s don’t include the UTC offset in the timestamp unless you are currently 00:00UTC.