Fronius Primo Gen24 Plus no longer has a push interface

Thanks Grannos! I’ll see how I go :wink:

Just got my now Fronius and wanted to the same configurations as before and came to the issue described above, that the Datalogger is not available as push service anymore.

@grannos I read you have created an PHP Script? Could you share this with me as well?

Hi @eller82.

I have PM’d the PHP script and instructions to you.

Good luck.
Grannos.

1 Like

Hi Grannos
I have recently installed a GEN24 Primo and would like to push data to PVOutput. I too would be grateful if you would PM your script and instructions.

regards
achar23

Hi @achar23 I have PM’d you the PHP script and some basic instructions on how to configure it and get it working.

Good luck and welcome to PVO

Grannos.

Hi @grannos , i’m a new member also with a Gen24, can you also PM the PHP script ? :slight_smile:
By the way , i also have the ‘same numbers’ in the new API http://fronius_IP/components/readable

Hi @bandeiri I’ve PM’d a copy of the script to you together with some basic instructions on how to get it running. Thanks too for confirming that the http://fronius_IP/components/readable API is retuning the same values as the other GEN24s.

Grannos

Hi @grannos, I too have a Fronius Gen24 inverter and wanted to ask if you could please PM the PHP script and the instructions? Thank you.

Hi @pohotukawa – done.

For anyone who has read through this thread and finds this message take notice that the GEN24’s API seems to be still in between the original version which the script uses and a potentially more useful / simpler API. I hadn’t planned on generally circulating the script as I expected that the minute I did so Fronius would overhaul the API and break it. So far though this hasn’t happened.

Grannos

1 Like

Thank you @grannos. I get where you’re coming from. Putting the script on github might be one way to go to keep it current but that comes with it’s own challenges too.

1 Like

Hi @pohotukawa. I really was thinking that the script that I wrote was going to become rapidly obsolete; just waiting on the developers at Fronius to do their thing. On that basis I didn’t want to confuse any new owners of the GEN24 by having an ‘obsolete’ script on GitHub. If Fronius removes or disables the existing GEN24 API when the new API becomes available then there will be a few unhappy GEN24 owners… Hopefully though they’ll find this thread.

Once ( if ) the new API is finished then possibly all of the required data can be extracted with a single API call to the inverter. With the GEN24’s ‘sparsely’ populated API ( as compared to the Symo and Primo ) several calls are required to extract all of the necessary fields. This isn’t too much of an issue if the data are being extracted locally but more of a hassle if an inverter is being polled over a slower link. Before I bought my own Raspberry Pi I polled my own Symo inverter from a Linux host located remotely with a VPN connecting the two.

Hi @grannos , can you also PM the PHP script

Hi @squirrel_41. Done. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hey mate, Could I also get the PHP script. @grannos
Cheers

Hi @brooksby - done.

Welcome to the PVO Forum.

Grannos

Hi @grannos,
Could I possibly ask for you to send me a copy of the PHP script? I’m a newbie here :smiley:
Thanks mate!

Hi @networkrocky. Done and welcome to PVO.

Grannos.

Hello @grannos
Would you be kind enough to DM me the script too?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @gyola62, Done. Welcome to PVO.

Grannos.

Hi @grannos please can you send the instruction and php file for me too ? thanks in adavance.