Enphase consumption data has stopped graphing

My system stopped graphing completely at 7:35pm last night AEDST. No production or consumption data now. No response from @bankstownbloke as yet.

Mine is still graphing voltage, temperature (from a custom home assistant script) and production (from enphase uploader). Consumption has not graphed since everyone’s stopped during the scheduled maintenance window that enphase had - I’ve logged a job with enphase with no response (somewhat expected)

Same issue here, Lost consumption and export data on the afternoon 20/10/22 - also tagging @admin as the user is listed along with @bankstownbloke as an admin.

I wonder if it’s time that we look at our own custom output fetcher / uploader?

I wrote the basics of the required script to query the stats directly from the Envoy a few years ago, with that and something installed locally to fetch and then upload the info to PVOutput then you could submit your outputs at any frequency you like - as it is not dependent on the Envoy’s feed into Enphase/Enlighten (and my script runs really quickly to get the stats). I’m sure there’s others who have done the same since I hacked together mine.

Edit: My Enphase “Manager” app on my iPhone has also stopped working in the last few days - I use this to get live data direct from the Envoy (yes this is a deprecated app but it’s the only way to get this info on my phone). I wonder if Enphase has changed the API at the Envoy level, so that things have broken everywhere … there is a message on Enphase’s website that they are deprecating an API at the end of this month…

If it (no consumption data) continues to this weekend I’m going to enchance my existing home assistant/nodered uploader for temperature and voltage to include consumption (and May as well so production as well)

All based on

For back dated data - it needs to be all loaded with 14 days (or 90 days if donater)

1 Like

Enphase got back to me and said (paraphrased) - “we can see your consumption data in the enlighten app. all is well, nothing to see here”

Nigel

It looks like Enphase is responding with empty consumption data.

The production request is working so it isn’t an authorization issue.

This has been reported to api@enphaseenergy.com

1 Like

Just tested my API V4 interface, it returns perfect production data, but for consumption it returns nothing. Meta data suggest there is a meter issue… Also when downloading data from some time ago, the consumption data is empty, with a meter issue…This data was perfect before.
I noticed that Enphase servers where down for maintenance at the time the issue arose.
My guess a privilege access problem @Enphase, since the Enphase app shows correct data: the consumption data is uploaded, there is no meter issue…

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it!

I run my own script to pull data from the Envoy locally and push it to ChargeHQ so I know the data is there and it appears in Enlighten as well. Had to be an API issue and given it started when they had planned maintenance it had to be a change on their end. Hopefully they respond to you quickly.

The problem is in the API for API V4 users. It is an Enphase problem! Obviously the response is not based on knowledge of their own API existing and possible problems there. My guess, access privilege problem for API users after server maintenance…

Enphase support have confirmed it is an issue on their end and are working on a solution.

5 Likes

Thanks! You must have a hotline at API support. Not yet got an answer to my mail about this problem (and other mails). You deserve your hotline by all means.

my consumption monitoring is back!

Yes, back here as well.

I’ve manually updated PV Output for the data missing from the 20th until 25th from the Enlighten data but all data from midnight to now 4 am on the 26th is current.

@bankstownbloke thank you for the quick contact with Enpahse and getting this fixed up for us.

@quozl Could you or someone else walk us through how to backfill the consumption data for the last several days? I’ve tried exporting the recent consumption data from Enphase to a CSV file and importing that data in daily blocks to https://pvoutput.org/loadlive.jsp, but that wants 5-minutes intervals while the Enphase data is in 15-minute intervals.
What should we do? Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who assisted - consumption data now working here as well - I’m also keen to hear best practices for backdating/filling in the consumption data gap.

Thanks very much for following up and forcing Enphase to double check their systems. Looks like a complacent attitude from Enphase, considering at least one member contacted them to bring the problem to their attention, yet they thought they knew better. Show professionalism Enphase and listen to your customers.

Thanks BB all is up and running now.

@solardave I completely agree with you though I doubt Enphase have social media monitors and probably not here. I think part of the issue too is that only one of us appears to have contacted them rather than a number of us. I know I didn’t. So next time this happens we should all log a ticket with Enphase.

@tycho0 To update the data in PVOutput for the missing days I went to the Daily section in PVOutput and clicked on Edit for the day I wanted to update, then entered the data from Enphase Enlighten Energy section for the corresponding day and filled in the fields that matched in PVOutput.

For example I added to PVOutput on the 21st the following data in Watt Hours

Energy Exported = Exported data from Enpahse Enlighten Energy Section for that day
Energy Used = Consumed data from Enpahse Enlighten Energy Section for that day
Import Peak = Imported data from Enpahse Enlighten Energy Section for that day

Then in the PVoutput edit page for that day I clicked on Recalculate under the Import Peak section and clicked Save.

If you have different rates for different times of the day you’ll have to enter the data in the corresponding fields for those times. I have a flat rate so don’t have to do that and just put the import data in Import Peak
FYI make sure you enter the data in Watt Hours not kWh e.g. 4125 for 4.125kWh

Hope this helps, I’m no expert so if I’ve stuffed anything up I’m sure someone will let me know in this thread.

Cheers QuozL

@quozl Thanks for the update! So it looks like you’re updating the totals for the day, which is going to be my fallback.

I’d like to find out if there’s a way to fill in with Enphase’s 15 minute interval data, so that the days have 5 minute interval data like they would originally have had, not just the total for the day.

I feel like https://pvoutput.org/loadlive.jsp is the right tool, I just don’t know how to translate the 15 minute interval data into 5 minute intervals. Just fill in 0 W for the X:05, X:10, X:20, X:25, X:35, X:40, X:50, X:55 times?