Enphase change reporting interval?

That’s good news. I will give it a try.

I just called here in the USA, they said this cannot be changed here. She took my info and said she has a case number for it and will submit it, but looks doubtful if change will happen here.

I opened a support request with Enphase two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. They usually just tell me to contact my installer but they haven’t even responded. Their “support” is useless.

This is completely lame. Data storage is dirt cheap. This company deserves to go out of business. Then, somebody competent might pick it up and do a better job.

I’m back online now and can confirm that my Enphase data recording interval is back to 5 minutes.

Enphase just replied to several complaints about this on their facebook page… just the terse comment "Graphs adjusted as we transitioned from 5 min reporting to 15 minutes"

Congrats to OzTinPowers!

Maybe the AU support is better… 10 days and no response at all to my ticket.

Nice to hear that you were able to get switched back Oz, that sounds hopeful for the rest of us, though I’m not holding my breath…

If Enphase want to skimp on storage I can live with the 15 minute interval. But i would like the graph to be smoothed. I tried changing my pv output expected interval to 15 minutes but it had the affect of dividing my average output by three and my energy output was also divided by three … although it did smooth the graph. Perhaps PV output needs to adjust something as a result of this change by enphase … assuming it won’t be reversed.

1 Like

If they want to save on storage, then they should downsample old data that most people don’t need anymore. Current and recent data should be hi-res.

In any case, I sent an email over the weekend and am now waiting to hear back from them.

1 Like

I know I am late to the party but I also started to complain with Enphase through my installer. @felixrauch, any luck hearing back from them?

No response from Enphase to my support request on this matter… it’s been a month. They usually just tell me to go away but this time they didn’t even tell me that.
I can get “unlimited” data storage with xively and Google as well as pvoutput. Don’t know why they are cutting back except as a false economy.

I notice that the graph on pvoutput is smoothed now if you select expected interval of 15 minutes and averages and energy look correct. I think PVOutput is probably doing the smarts to smooth out the reduced data quality from enphase. Thanks to PVOutput. Its a shame Enphase picked data quality as a way of reducing costs.

Hmmm. My Enphase reporting went back to 5 minutes beginning at midday a few days ago (after 60+ days at 15 min). Anybody else have that happen?? Checkout “Gold Country, Auburn CA”

Looks like 15 min intervals are still being implemented. Mine started 15 min reporting intervals on 02/08/2017

https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=1075&sid=32262&dt=20170807&gs=0&m=1

Very annoying. I had been hoping it would correct itself but it appears not.

Still only getting 15 minute data here ->Schaffer

UPDATE : as of 09/08/2017 my reporting has returned to 5mins - very mysterious !

UPDATE 2 : Famous last words - my reporting only returned to 5 mins for 1 day - I’m now back to 15 min reporting which annoys me no end. When will Enphase be fixing this and returning us to 5 min reporting ?

1 Like

They fixed mine some 2 or so weeks ago upon message FB complaint. Tody its back to 15 minute intervals. I just FBd them agian complaining what the hell is oging on. Maybe new enphase customers they can do this too but we who have had it since 2012 or ln longer should be left alone per purchase contract of 5 minute interval tracking! Stay tuned.

I maintain that Enphase is cost cutting across the board. I know the several weeks leading up to this resolution change, there were many outages with the enlighten app. I think they cut their outgoing bandwidth to save money. Look at their financial data. The CEO just resigned, so maybe new executive leadership can turn things around. Think of all of the data they have going in and out of their historian server. It costs money keeping that bandwidth.

Lets hope they survive this well. My guarantee won’t be worth much if they go under.

I’ve noticed this behaviour now as well. I used to have a fairly smooth graph with data that was either (accurately) reported in 5 minute blocks but now I simply get 3 identical values in every 15 minute block - which leads to a sawtooth graph.

I’ll try talking to Enphase through my installer - annoying behaviour for them to have changed it though!

I logged a support ticket with Enphase about this and they advised they would change the reporting interval to 5 minutes (and responded within a few hours as well).