Enphase change reporting interval?

I have redonated but I still see data constant for three - 5 minute readings. I have Energy set to disabled, Temperature and Voltage set to enabled.

If any of you have an installer linked site, you might want to see if they understand this monitoring change at enphase.

Iā€™ve sent a 2nd support request on this to Enphase, and they issued a support ticket number. Iā€™ll post here If/when they respond. (My first request was closed after 10 days with the reply: ā€œIt appears this issue may have been resolvedā€ā€¦ hah!!)

Interestingly for me, the my enlighten data does not have the same repeating valuesā€¦ I get the saw tooth described earlierā€¦ shrugā€¦

2017-06-29 09:25:00 +1000 209
2017-06-29 09:30:00 +1000 209
2017-06-29 09:35:00 +1000 171
2017-06-29 09:40:00 +1000 183
2017-06-29 09:45:00 +1000 183
2017-06-29 09:50:00 +1000 96
2017-06-29 09:55:00 +1000 104
2017-06-29 10:00:00 +1000 104
2017-06-29 10:05:00 +1000 108
2017-06-29 10:10:00 +1000 117
2017-06-29 10:15:00 +1000 117

I wonā€™t be holding my breath for any update from enphaseā€¦

Oh and I didnā€™t self install or anything like that.

Starting today, add me to the list of users experiencing 15 minute data blocks from Enphase. Firmware hasnā€™t changed (R3.12.49). I log what is sent from the Envoy to Enphase and it shows the same 15 minute blocks now too. Will contact my installer, Metro Solar, and get them to advise whatā€™s going on.

Oz Tinā€¦ great idea to call your installer. Enphase will talk to them, but not to us. Please let us know.

I am good now - I guess it just took a bit longer for my donator status to come through.

wayner9 - For most of us this issue is an Enphase change, but it sounds like yours was not (yet!).

bankstownbloke - from your post 19, I thought enphase data resolution was independent of donation status. Maybe you can clarify?? Also, referring back to post 10, Enphase seems to be providing ā€œsawtoothā€ power and energy data through the API, but PVOutput shows flat 15 minute stepsā€¦ Wondering how that happens?

Donation status doesnā€™t affect data resolution or the Status Interval. All systems are on 5-minutes. The only difference is how often PVOutput will retrieve the data from Enphase, known as the Poll Interval. The resulting data recorded and displayed is identical.

No response from Metro Solar yet on this issue. Today I sent an support request into the Enphase Death Star as well to see if they respond to me direct (but Iā€™m not that hopeful).

My system (id=51004&sid=46384) began doing this starting today July 12 2017. It was fine yesterday. My Envoy-S firmware version has not changed (Aug 18 2016 build). The same 15-minute stair-steps appear in Enphase Manager.

My system is not self-installed, but I donā€™t have much hope for getting my installer to push Enphase through thisā€¦ theyā€™re great on things like repairs but not great on pushing Enphase for subtle software issues like this. Meanwhile in the past Enphase has always redirected me to the installerā€¦

Might have to switch to uploading my generation data manually like I do for consumption grumble

My system also started doing the same thing 2 days ago (July 11, 2017). Has anyone been able to get Enphase to change it back?

I opened a ticket with Enphase, I expect it to be closed with a redirect to installer, but if enough of us open tickets about it (even if theyā€™re closed), maybe theyā€™ll get the message that itā€™s something that needs to be looked into. Still having the issue today.

Not only is the Enphase data now in 15 minute chunks, but it is now often 30 minutes or more delayed in getting through to pvoutput, which basically makes it useless to me for progressive monitoring of cumulative energy during the day, particularly since my consumption data is 5 minutes old at worst. As such, I have switched over to my Efergy solar feed until this is resolved which, although not as accurate as the Enphase monitoring used to be, is a darn sight better than the chunky and delayed data Enphase is currently providing.

My system just went to the 15 minute interval. I am not self-installed.

I spoke with Metro Solar support about this issue yesterday. Metro Solar were not aware of it, however they were able to call an Enphase engineer direct, with me in the background. The Enphase engineer was aware of the change and said that it had come down from senior management as a cost saving measure. Metro Solar advised Enphase that a number of customers, like me, rely on having the higher resolution data for comparison with consumption monitoring at 5 minute intervals and would like it switched back.

It was a bit hard to tell as I was listening in the background but it didnā€™t sound as though Enphase was entertaining the thought of switching back, so Metro Solar support said he would send them an email early next week letting them know at least some Metro Solar customers want it switched back. He also suggested that I send an email to Enphase next week and get as many as you here to do so as well so that the issue has a greater chance of coming to senior Enphase management attention. I suggested that rather than trying to get Enphase to switch back for everyone, which they wonā€™t likely do because most people wouldnā€™t even notice the issue and it does save them money across the company, to either switch back for specific customers who complain about it or to make the lower resolution change for new customers only.

Anyway, I will be sending Enphase an email to support_au@enphaseenergy.com early next week requesting that they revert to 5 minute intervals for me at the very least and I encourage others here to do the same.

Hereā€™s what I sent as an email to Enphase this morning:

Enphase Enlighten ID: XXXXXXX

My solar generation system, using Enphase micro-inverters, was installed by Metro Solar in March 2015 and I have been very happy with its performance to date. I have also been happy with the data records collected by Enphase, which have provided useful 5 minute interval generation data that has been easily comparable with 5 minute interval consumption data I also collect.

On 6 Jul 17 Enphase changed the data record interval for my system from 5 to 15 minutes, presumably as a cost saving measure. Unfortunately, this reduction in generation data resolution has degraded comparison with higher resolution consumption data I collect so much that I no longer consider it useful to calculate accurate net generation data.

I can understand that 15 minute resolution data may be acceptable for those with Envoy-S systems, as both generation and consumption real-time records would likely be internally reconciled by the Envoy-S before being recorded as 15 minute interval data records, hence net generation accuracy is preserved. However, for those of us with Envoy-R systems this internal reconciliation is not available and hence comparability with external consumption monitoring devices with much shorter record intervals is rendered ineffective with this recent change.

Accordingly, I request that the data recording interval, for my system at least and ideally for all Pre-Envoy-S owners, be reinstated to 5 minutes. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

I have the same problem since 3 days. i also have a din rail meter for the pv set and one for the consumption. i am going use a youless to measure and upload to pvoutput. i am thinking of disconnecting the envoy and maybe even uninstalling it. then enphase wont receive any data from my system anymore.

ā€œyoulessā€ is an interesting alternative for solar energy monitoring (with google translating from Dutch!) Iā€™ve previously looked at EKM previously as a possibility. Butā€¦the envoy is key to diagnosing a siteā€¦ A non-producing inverter/panel is tough to find without enlighten.

With 500,000+ enphase sites, hopefully someone will purchase and offer Enlighten service for a subscription price if Enphase should disappear. With just the envoy and direct local access (via IP address), you can see which inverters are/arenā€™t communicating, but unfortunately I havenā€™t found a way to view single-inverter production.

Itā€™s interesting because itā€™s not just on the Enphase Enlighten/API side that the data is chunked into 15-minute intervals. Even requesting on the local API on my Envoy device, the inverter and energy output numbers are only updated every 15 minutes now (on average). So they not only downgraded the Enlighten data retention, but they dumbed down the Envoy gateways so you canā€™t even get 5-minute data from it anymore.

Luckily I have an Envoy-S, so Iā€™ll probably update the scripts I use for consumption data to also grab and send production data. Will have to decide whether to do an instantaneous reading or a 5-minute averageā€¦ probably the latter as itā€™s closer to what weā€™re used to getting from the Enphase API.

Seriously lame. They should at least let us opt-out of the reduced retention.

My email to Enphase worked! Just got a reply from them saying the have switched me back to 5 minute intervals. Woot!

Only problem now is that my NBN modem died on me yesterday so I canā€™t yet verify the change back. I should be back online by the end of the week and will confirm it then.