2017-04-06 Enphase Consumption

It is now possible to retrieve Enphase consumption data by setting the device direction to Consumption.

Note that the ‘Both’ option is not supported. A primary and secondary device is required if generation and consumption is to be downloaded from Enphase.

The 15-minute consumption data is averaged out into 5-minute intervals so it will align with existing 5-minute generation data.

Is that a setting on the Envoy-S? Or in pvoutput.org?

Do you mean that I’d need two (2) Envoy-S units to report both supply and demand?

This is a PVOutput Auto Uploader Setting

I’ve got an Envoy-S, and I’m setup with the Primary device working well, but the Secondary Device is greyed out…

Secondary Devices are a donation feature.

OK… I couldn’t see that in the feature list for donations at:

https://pvoutput.org/help.html#donations

I’ll give it a go.

Sorry - the documentation has been updated

Cool… So I set the Secondary Device to Enphase, the Direction to Consumption… the time shift to none… and the same Enphase system ID and user ID as I used for the primary device?

@emdeex - Yes, that is all you need to do.

The consumption will be combined with the existing generation graph.

Fantastic! I’ve been waiting to be able to do this for about a year since I put in the envoy-S…very cool.

@bankstownbloke Does Enphase only make 15-minute interval data available for consumption data (unlike production), or is like production data in that it only updates every 15-minutes, but is still 5-minute interval data?

Thanks either way!

@ltbighorn - Enphase only makes available consumption at 15-minutes. This enhancement fills in the 10-minute gaps so it is in-sync with 5-minute generation data.

Did this change today break Eagle consumption data? I have no consumption data logged since midnight today. I am generating consumption data every 5 minutes in the Eagle and that is also reflected in Wattvision.

Changes to Enphase do not affect Eagle.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted to Problem forum, sorry.

My Understanding is the US system is in five minute time intervals and the Australian and New Zealand systems are in 15 minute time intervals.

Some US systems have been switched to 15 minute resolution as well. My system went from 5-minute to 15-minute for about a month and then seems to have switched back to 5-minute data a couple of weeks ago. I don’t think anyone outside of Enphase knows where it’s going to end up in the long run.

Sorry for coming into this so late but I am confused.
How does the Enphase Envoy measure consumption?
My understanding is that it collects production data from each inverter on the amount of power each is producing. I don’t see how it could possible measure consumption since consumption takes place outside of the inverters.
I have separate current sensors on my power feed and these measure consumption but Enphase doesn’t have any way to measure current coming into the house.
What am I missing?

Sorry original post removed, I didn’t read the question well enough.

The Envoy-S has inputs for external current transformers to measure consumption. It’s not the same device as the original Envoy.