2017-04-06 Enphase Consumption

I am not sure if they own the data processing centre or not so changes to system functionality might simply be about reducing bandwidth or processing costs. It has been reported elsewhere that Enphase have been shedding staff to reduce cost for what ever reason.

Consumption is calculated by Envoy based on the known values. In our setup with have two CT’s installed in the meter box. These devices measure current flow for power imported from the grid and another for power exported to the grid. These devices are reported to have an accuracy tolerance of about 2.0% over or under. The values are read in our case by the Envoy and can be displayed in a browser in common use. The time intervals for this detail is approximately 60 seconds. The W-Fi IP address for our Envoy is 10.0.0.2/home or it could on another Wi-Fi enabled router 192.168.0.nn/home

1 Like

One slight complication I have noted with the PVoutput live monitoring of my Envoy-s, is that if I log in and view my live PVoutput graph at a time which is between the 15 minute segments, the last output (as opposed to consumption) will be graphed as zero watts. It’s a bit worrying until you reach the next 15 minute report, when the graph line jumps back up and corrects itself. No trace of the previous “zero” entry is left on the graph when it updates at the 15 minute mark. I wonder if the graphing might look a bit neater if only the 15 minute output data is graphed, i.e., no graphing rather than zero value graphing between the 15 minute output data packets. Cripes! I hope this makes sense!

I am not sure that the Enphase API gives pvoutput.org direct access to your Envoy-S. From a performance point of view you have to produce kWh before you can calculate the consumption, import and export. so those values might not occur in the same moment of time interval. In Envoy the Production and Consumption values are updated every 1 minute and Enlighten [Enphase Cloud Service] is updated every 15 minutes. On the assumption that the data on pvoutput.org and Enlighten co-incide then it will not be reading the production and consumption values that are being updated every minute. As to the graphing I would believe that occurs every 15 minutes based on the data uploaded from Enlighten to pvoutput.org.