Fronius Push

After changing to an energy counter, you really need to wait for a new day to see it working correctly.

Great. Will change it back and be more patient.

Much appreciated.

Just saying thanks… all fixed now.

It makes perfect sense… waiting for a new day… I clearly wasn’t thinking carefully enough about it.

i have an S0 meter connected not a fronius one though and it doesn’t work for the meter push settings. it does show me the solar, import and export on the fronius page but that’s it. so if your after the meter push its best to get the fronius meter rather than a pulse output meter

I have two arrays (or is it two strings?). An older set of panels and some more recently installed ones or higher capacity - both sets hooked up to the Fronius Primo 5.

With help (on this thread), I now have reliable and accurate (as compared with output from Smappee) readings on PVOutput. But I know I have some morning shading. I did try flying a small drone up to see how bad it is and which panels… so I can work out which trees to trim. But wasn’t very effective strategy.

just had a look at adding extended values (can’t see any relevant settings) or an extra push - eg Current Data - String Control (but Fronius says connection not possible).

Is this something that can be done?

As far as i can tell you cant get string control from the push or fronius php (that uses api)
Its obviously possible as the fronius solar web can display it but we don’t have access to the data they retrieve it from. I did hear you can get it from the modbus but haven’t looked into it.

If you want extended data and don’t have a smart meter you can use fronius.php on a pi or whatever is available. i have modified one called fronius ultimate php Fronius PHP Ultimate
That lists out all options you can get from the api and send whatever you want to extended data

hi dave yes there is somthing you can do to see how your shadeing affects your system, with your fronius if you go to https://www.solarweb.com and then go analysis and then history it will tell you all you need to know volts and amps for each array as this example bellow

so from this on your system you can see what both arrays are producing in real time so amps and volts from panels to inverter,this make it easy to see shade on one or both arrays and at what time,then fly drone at that time over shaded array and poinr cammer towards the sun and there you have the trees in the way are in view

Thanks. I couldn’t see the wood for the trees. Was so focused on getting the info to PVOutput that I ignored the fact that it’s already available.

Will keep an eye on those panels on an upcoming sunny weekend.

I have the smart meter diverting excess solar generation to hot water during the day… with backup that it uses mains to heat the water before midnight on cloudy days. But off peak rates don’t start till 11 pm (now daylight saving is here) so, on really cloudy days, it wants to use power at shoulder rates.

I thought I’d fool the smart meter by setting the system time back to standard time… so it can use power at off peak rates from 11 pm to 1 am.

It seems to work OK so far. Though it would be better if the Fronius software allowed the beginning (and end) time of the 24 hour period to be flexible.

dangerousdave, hi are you using the Fronius power management tool with a relay to set your times for heating or something else, say a mk2pvrouter or something different altogether ??

Just realised that my post wasn’t strictly on topic… ie it wasn’t about the push facility. I thought I’d made a related post on here before but I suspect it was actually on Whirlpool.

But in response to your query Jim… I’m using the Fronius Smartmeter’s load management facility. I had it wired up to my hot water when it was installed. It works well

You’re probably familiar with it… but I can only tell it when the required amount of heating should be completed… there’s no option for the starting point… ie it starts at midnight.

I’m not familiar with the mk2pvrouter but have had a look at various other ways to control things. My setup is all or nothing in terms of energy used to heat the water. If starting again, I might go for one of the ones that can send power to the element at less than its maximum capacity. But what I have works pretty well and I doubt I will save much money (or mains electricity) with the considerable investment required.

bankstownbloke hi for the last 3 days my system has been showing a time lag between the fronius push and PVorg of between 20 to 45 min, my system is no 51134. i have checked all the different time clocks in the systems and have checked post is working on time,but the updates are not showing up on pvoutput for some time later. i am in west Australia Perth time so no daylight saving here and the problem only seems to hapen after about 3 pm to 6.30pm it also seems to pick up the missing data on the hour and then start again with the lag, thanks for your help Jim

This has just started no changes to system .
about 11pm to 12pm get huge spike power used .

Any ideas.
I don’t have pv push settings handy but been working fine last 8 months

@nitrox1971, also discussed at https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2760261.

Related post below, feel free to continue that thread so it does not get lost here -

Hi All, normally I like to work things out for myself, but this meter is driving me crazy. My live ‘power used’ is way too high and seems to be influenced by the ‘power generated’. I think I’ve tried every combination of parameters listed in this thread, but I just can’t get it to track power consumption accurately. Current settings are:

Fronius Symo 5.0-3-M version fro28500
Smart Meter (feed in point) version 3.10.3-1

Inverter Push - &dayenergy=1
Meter Push - &v6=Voltage_AC_Phase_1&auto=1

SolarWeb seems to be producing the correct values, but it is only updated hourly.

Any ideas most welcome.

It is recommended to add a third push hourly “LogData” push. This is the same data that the inverter reports to solarweb hourly.

Thanks for the tip. I’m happy to push the Logdata hourly, but I can view that data on SolarWeb. It’s nicely presented and free. I was hoping to get pvoutput to display live data.

your push from inverter and meter should be set to every 5 minutes ( live data)
the log data push it to tidy up any discrepancies. and that should be set hourly

give us a link to your system so we can see the actual issue

Hi, I am very pleased to report today’s results look much closer to the SolarWeb data (within ~100w). I rebooted the inverter/meter last night, but I also changed the push settings and added the hourly update, so I don’t know what actually fixed it.

Anyway I wish to rescind the derision shown towards my smart meter. I now love my smart meter. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your help.