Zevercloud Timeouts

Hi,
I’ve got a Zeversolar Inverter "Eversol TL3000-20 3KW system. Back in early 2018, I installed the Zevercom WiFi monitoring box and hooked it up to the Inverterer via RS485. I created a Zevercloud account and got it connected. It has been sending data to Zevercloud since then. Then it didn’t send any data on the 24th and 25th of April this year and then after that it has gone from being reliable to not sending any data for periods of weeks. I’ve raised this with Zeversolar service here in Australia and have had a number of emails back and forth. They sent me an update firmware file (My box uses firmware 14B07-249R+14B06-248R) version 18C20-817R+17829-719R… I have only been able to update the WiFi part of the box, not the other parts. They say that is normal. Thus my firmware version on the box hasn’t changed. I’ve tried resetting everything, checked all the caps on the PCB and all is good. I’ve tried LAN connection only (Removed the WiFi board from the PCB) and WiFi connection only with the LAN cable disconnected. The issue still remains. Zeversolar say I need to source a new box, which I’m trying. In my desperation I’ve hooked into the serial port on the main processor to get all the messages… Here is a typical message log:
Bootloader
mfs initialized!
mfs initialized!P update file
mount fs!
SD card demo

Shell (build: Oct 22 2014)
Copyright ©
Flash file flashx:bank1 opened
Read from inner flash
_ 2013 FreesPMU-R found wifi module_
cale Semiconductor;
shell>
shell> Cable connected

DHCP bind … New Inv:XH30000101560034 Total=0

IP Address : 192.168.1.22
Subnet Address : 255.255.255.0
Gateway Address : 192.168.1.1
DNS Address : 192.168.1.1
web_server_task create successful!
ate_erver_task create successful!
Cloud server communication task create successful!
Starting http server No.0 on IP…[OK]
receive wifi reboot message
Set wifi device info
mxchip cmd: exchange dev info
Set wifi device info
mxchip cmd: exchange dev info
mxchip cmd: start
Set wifi ethernet page para begin
mxchip cmd: set eth para
Set wifi ethernet page para end
Set wifi advanced page para
mxchip cmd: set adv para
Write inv cache data
inv data r_ptr=0 inv data w_ptr=22
login solarcloud begin
connect_cnt:1
try connect Solarcloud:solarcloudgate.zeversolar.com:6655
solarcloudgate.zeversolar.com:120.55.151.223
connect solarcloud successfully
login solarcloud end
Set time from server!
Query login rule info
Receive sync PMU info reply!
timeout,disconnect solarcloud
write_inv_online_info
login solarcloud begin
login solarcloud end
Set time from server!
Query login rule info
login solarcloud begin
login solarcloud end
Set time from server!
Query login rule info
Write inv cache data
inv data r_ptr=0 inv data w_ptr=23

This indicates that the box is complaining about timeouts with the Zevercloud instance. I’ve also noticed that often when I go to Zevercloud to log in, it comes up “site not responding” You have to hit reload to get it again… Have others experienced similar timeout issues with their Zevercloud monitor?

Have a very similar problem with mine, I didn’t use the serial, I setup a laptop as an internet gateway and ran wireshark to capture packets, outcome appears similar to yours, connects to solarcloudgate, then times out when attempting to send data and resets the connection in an endless loop, the solarcloud status on the web interface cycles to ‘connected’ and ‘disconnected’.
I also contacted support and after sending me some firmware updates which didn’t work, they also told me I need to replace the hardware.
Only way I can get it to work is multiple restarts of my router and zevercom unit, eventually it will communicate, but only for a day or 2 and then I am back to square one.
I even tried connecting via the hotspot on my phone and saw the same symptoms, so it isn’t my home internet.
I also replaced the caps in the unit, including the surface mount caps, but it made no difference.
Sorry I can be of more help, but at least I know it isn’t an isolated issue.

Thanks for that update! At least I’m not alone… I’ve tried getting another zevercom box, but I can’t source it anywhere… I’ve called 5 Solar companies… Three said “let us get back to you” and then didn’t, except call me to try to sell me a solar system… Two simply never returned my calls… I also sent an email to sales at Zevercom asking for a dealer or/if they know where I can get one and of course, no response…

Through out my testing the Advanced settings got corrupt in a way that it limited the output of the inverter to 1%… I didn’t notice until I got my three monthly bill, which only had a few Kw/h as FIT… I checked the inverter and found out that it seemed normal, but only sent 35W to the grid… Initially I thought it was faulty, but when I finally went into the Zevercom UI/Advance the settings were configured to limit it’s output to 1%… That is now fixed… Something to be aware of…
The reporting to Zevercloud is still intermittent, I get anywhere from 4 - 6 day’s a month if I don’t do anything… Pretty crazy and it doesn’t help that Zevercom support are pretty useless…