Where best to pull ALL the data :)

Hi guys, new user here.

I’m interested in where I can pull ALL the data from - in terms of a) PV generated, b) SelfConsumption, c)Export to Grid.

Does the SMA Inverter have all of this data?

I had a ‘consumption meter’ installed when the system was installed. and next Fri will have a Smart Meter installed which will measure how much I feed back to the grid.

Is it just one connection to the inverter that I need to pull all of this - or is there a better place to pull data? Sunny Portal?

Keen to get it all into pvoutput

Thanks

Ivan :slight_smile:

AFAIK the inverter in only reporting generation. You can use SBFspot to get the data out of the inverter and send it to pvoutput

A youless sends PV production and the results of the smart meter to PVO

You can retrieve the current and historic values also with the Android App „Oxley Solar“.

I’ve got the same dilemma. I’m a newbie and just uploaded all my generation data since 2016 using the SolarEdge app. However, I can’t seem to get the consumption data from my utility in a form that makes sense. Looking for help as well.

Exactly. Is there some energy meter that is able to send additional data about export and usage? Like send the data regardless of the inverter data, separately and the site would then combine both of them?

Got this sorted now, by using https://github.com/erijo/sunnyportal-py Erik was kind enough to add the consumption import to his code and it works beautifully :slight_smile:

Hi Ivansanders. I have been trying to get a smart meter installed for a few months, Could I ask who your supplier is and did you have to wait a long time. Thanks Ben

We are with Origin - they took about 6 weeks if I remember rightly - ACTEW were 2 weeks - we’re in Canberra

Hi
Thank you for our reply, How silly of me not to check your location before I asked the question.
All the best for generating lots of power.
Ben

@ivansanders sorry for a dumb question so how do I run the sunnyportal2pvoutput script can you give me any steps to follow. I have downloaded the script and looked at the readme and it says enter the directory and run and then gives the following unusual command:

PYTHONPATH=. ./bin/sunnyportal2pvoutput --dry-run sunnyportal.config

Not sure where and how i run this command. I have used python before but I am still a novice. Thanks

Not sure if this helps but take a look at

@ivansanders I seem to have the script working but it wont upload consumption data. Is there any change in code or command line switches i need to use to get consumption data working? Also have you automated the script and if so how have you done this?

I tried and have the same issue. No consumption data is uploaded when using -c switch.
@ivansanders what combination of cmd line switches did you use to get consumption uploaded?

-o switch also does not work for me, as I think sunnyportal-py is sending values in wrong order. It is sending generation value instead of power value, so I get error about power value too high for my system.

-s status update is working well however. Downside is it can only do intervals of 15 mins.

SBFspot is better, because it allows down to 5 min intervals, but my inverter seems to have completely screwed up its daily values data recording lately. So I have had to pause that and use sunnyportal-py for the moment.