What energy meter to use?

A year ago I installed a 6.6kWh PV system and now I would like to add an energy meter.

We have a Landis & Gyr electricity meter (not smart meter) and a 5kWh Fronius Syno 3 phase inverter.

The options out there seem to be confusing as I don’t know what to look for.
All I would like to do is to see is exported, consumption and imported energy.

What devices would you recommend?

Hi,
I use a Eastron sdm220 with modbus, with a bit a work you can have a great and cheap energy logger using meterN :relaxed:

I have smappee solar kit 3 phase and use it’s gas/oil and water sensor to give a fairly decent complete picture of house consumption - its Ready to run and you don’t need an electrician to install it - it’s fully supported in PVOutput . If you want an off the shelf solution I recommend it

Hi haiku, thank you very much for your suggestion. Found a three phase Eastron meter but like you said it would need a bit of work to set it up and I don’t think I have the expertise to make it happen :frowning:

Thanks SALAMANDER for the suggestion, Smappee does look interesting. How does the appliance discovery work in practice?
I don’t think I have a power outlet in the fuse box currently so might still need an electrician.

I also have a Smappee 3 phase kit with two single phase inverters on two of the phases. Would recommend for ease of setup / use.

The real time on it is great via phone app. 6 second lag.

Works well and integrates into pvoutput easily.

Appliance discovery is limited as it is unable to uniquely fingerprint simple loads like lights and motors. Also inverter style motors are also missed - detected as many appliances since the power profile changes (eg new fridges, heat pumps, dryers etc)