Upload daemon issue (again)

Hello

I have upload deamon issues.
From time to time I have a mains outage in my town. The Raspberry Pi then stopped and restart. SBFspot restart but not the daemon.
I came back from holidays and I have no data on pvoutput since july 29th. I’ve checked my inverter and plant time is Ok. I have data in the database.
I’ve checked the daemon status and this is what I retrieve:
SBFspotUpload.service - SBFspot Upload Daemon

Loaded: loaded (/mnt/usb/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUpload.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: signal) since Sun 2019-08-18 09:37:15 CEST; 3min 22s ago

Process: 5971 ExecStart=/mnt/usb/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

Main PID: 5971 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

août 18 09:37:15 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started SBFspot Upload Daemon.

août 18 09:37:15 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

août 18 09:37:15 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Unit entered failed state.

août 18 09:37:15 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Failed with result ‘signal’.

Any idea to solve the problem?

By the way what can I do to restart automatically the upload in case of power failure/restart?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Is there something in the daemon log?
When you start sbfspotupload manually, does it work?

I cannot find the logs. I have a directory smadata/logs which is empty.
Where can I find the logs?
Thanks

Ok I have found the path in the conf file for upload.
Here is the log for the upload but nothing happen there: no update.
[08:24:28] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[08:31:54] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[08:32:28] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[08:37:17] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[08:39:45] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[09:02:28] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[09:26:51] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[09:37:15] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0
[09:57:23] INFO: SBFspotUploadDaemon Version 2.0.0

Hope you will be able to help

Start daemon manually and see what happens

/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon

hello

it answer “erreur de segmentation” something like segmentation error.

Here is a copy of what appeared on screen:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /mnt/usb/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon
Erreur de segmentation

Hope it will help.

No it doesn’t help :wink:
But I’m afraid that your USB storage is damaged due to the power failures.
Rename the existing daemon and get a new copy of the daemon from github. (or even better, recompile it from source)

Oh! This is bad news. I am not very skilled in linux things. I am not sure how to compile a code :anguished:. I will look at github to get a new version.

Thanks

Ok. I get a look to github. I have found a makefile in the upload daemon directory.
Can you tell me how to reinstall the daemon from there?
Thank you in advance

Anyone to help me reinstall my daemon from github file?
Thank you

I’ve reinstalled everything and then I have this error:
i@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl enable /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUpload.service
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl start SBFspotUpload
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status SBFspotUpload
● SBFspotUpload.service - SBFspot Upload Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/mnt/usb/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUpload.service; enabl
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-08-30 22:36:51 CEST; 6s ago
Process: 3053 ExecStart=/mnt/usb/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon (
Main PID: 3053 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

août 30 22:36:50 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started SBFspot Upload Daemon.
août 30 22:36:51 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Main process exi
août 30 22:36:51 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Unit entered fai
août 30 22:36:51 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Failed with resu
lines 1-10/10 (END)

I want to have the database on the usb key and the program on the raspberry. I changed the sbfspot.cfg accordingly.
Please help

It is the same issue as before.

Use installation instructions. If this works you can start to change setup. I can’t support non-standard installation, sorry.

Ok. I will reinstall everything directly on the pi. Can you at least tell how I can keep my database and if I can modify the config file?
Thank you for the help

Copy sbfspot.db and put it back after installation.

Hello. I made a copy of my database. I ran the installation again but it failed with « different SID/serial » error.
what does it means?

Some news after several installation it finally work fine. The installation is now complete and the upload daemon start uploaded the data to pvoutput. It uploaded today values.
In the meantime, I copy my old database in the smadata folder. Since then it stops upload. My old database do not have today values inside. How can I fix that and force the upload since July 31rst?
Thank you for your help,

No upload today.
It still not working. I will try to reinstall everything from scratch and use a new empty database. Then I will force the data retrieval from the inverter from july 31rst. Normally the daemon shall update pv output with new data right?

Yes it should upload the missing data.