Tariff Plans - Improved plan comparison

yes the tariff side is a little bit to get your head around but once setup you don’t have to touch it much

on your main setting page do you have use tariff plans enabled?

Energy Tariffs Edit
Update tariff charges and TOU time periods for this system.
Use Tariff Plans Enabled
Enable activated tariff plans in the Saved Plans list for tariff calculation

with that picture if you load your saved plan it needs to be enabled in the active section… the active plan has a + next to the name. meaning it looks like its not active
also make sure you save in the correct area.
and also note you need to recalculate your days (30 at a time) switch to daily view and make sure your graph shows 30 records. then you can just click the top checkbox that selects all of them and click “recalculate” in the links under the graph(will have to click “more”), move onto the the next page and repeat.

The plan has been setup for - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=91409&sid=88189

As per @B-Man’s post above, please enable the ‘Use Tariff Plans’ setting for the above system.

The ‘Plan Cost’ link will now appear on ‘Your Outputs’ page when logged in.

@B-Man The individual plan doesn’t need to be active for the ‘Plan Cost’ link to appear, just the ‘Use Tariff Plans’ setting.

ah yes my bad I got a bit lost in the tariff side assuming they were trying to set the tariff for the system and forgot about the plan cost.

Thanks guys,

I got Plan tariff working now but the Import figures for the comparison plan are way off.

Why?

Thanks

what are they meant to be?

Debt amounts include the daily service charge. It doesn’t seem infeasible since the daily TOU service charge is much higher and the peak import is also higher.

You can see the daily cost break down in the table across both plans and the TOU cost seems inline with the rates that have been entered.

Sorry, looks like it was bug in which the TOU periods weren’t calculated correctly under some rare conditions.

This has now been fixed and the debit amounts look more reasonable.

1 Like

Thanks for that.

If these are now accurate it seems the time of use plans are more expensive which I am VERY surprised about.

EEDIT: There’s an issue where only peak export is counted, not off peak and shoulder as well even though I’ve put the same 3.3 cents into each.

Also what is Standby amount? How is it different to Debit?

Thanks for all your help.

While the TOU rates are marginally cheaper than the flat rate plan, the daily service charge is significantly higher.

The credit amounts for the current and TOU plan match, except for the first day. Which means shoulder and off peak is being counted, otherwise they would be much less.

Hover the cursor over the balance to show the TOU summary of imports and exports and rates applied.

Standby amount is a subset of the debit total.

An example of standby power cost can be seen on the “Consumption Only” view of the live page.

Standby power here is 994W and cost of this “Always On” power draw is $4.05. The plan comparison calculates shows total standby cost over the comparison period with the selected tariff plan.