Sunniest Spring on record in UK

The weather forecasters on the news (or whatever) have been saying for the last few days that we have have had the sunniest spring since records began here in the United Kingdom.

I knew we were doing well because the feed in tarriff cheque I received was more than usual for this time of year. So I started wondering how well we are doing here in the UK, compared to previous years.

I have a 2kW system here, and at sunset 29 May 2020 I had generated a total of 935.56kW. Previous years I have had to wait until 19 Jun 2019, 21 Jun 2018, 18 Jun 2017, 16 Jun 2016, 6 Jun 2015 and 15 Jun 2014 to get that level of generation.

(and the sun is still shining)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I submit my FIT meter reading on 31 May and I have just had my best March, April, May since my system was installed ten years ago :+1:.

Bob.

1 Like

Yeah same here. 2018 had three good months (May, June, July), but the preceding months were rubbish. So far every month this year is above my system average for that month (system is 10 years old) and it’s never done that ever.
That all said June is looking like it may put end to my record run.

Meanwhile in Sydney Australia, the first 5 months of the year have been terrible, under clouds of smoke then clouds of flooding rains…

1 Like