Sungrow scripts

Hi all,

I have tried the Sungrow scripts on the contributor page but I can’t get them to work. I use a Mac computer with python 3.8.2 and the script is for python 2.x. I did manage to translate the code to a point library errors have been resolved but then I got an SSL certificate error:

urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>

Is anyone using a script to upload Sungrow data to PVoutput.org? and if so, please share the source of the code and let me know what identification you are using to query the online database: is it the wifi id (the name of the plant in the Sungrow app) or is it the sn of the inverter?

Thaks,
Gaetano.

PS: I also have Solar Analytics with a fleet account so I can download data from there but in a manual mode twice a month since data submitted to pvoutput cannot be older than 14 days if I understood correctly. I am more than happy to use that source instead of the Sungrow inverter but could not find a script that extracts data from that environment.

I changed HTTP to HTTPS in the command that retrieves data from the web and that eliminated the certificate error. I now get a timeout error

TimeoutError: [Errno 60] Operation timed out

The domain name in the request is referring to www.solarinfobank.com instead of isolarcloud.com, could it be that the script was not updated to the new platform yet?

bumping the thread up. Is anyone using a script to upload Sungrow data to pvoutput.org? alternatively, can someone suggest a way to get in touch with a user that does appear to upload daily 5-minute interval data among active users?

Hi Gaetano,

On my iMac [ 10.15.5 ] ‘python -V’ reports 2.7.16. and ‘python3 -V’ reports 3.7.8. Are you able to run the Sungrow scripts using 2.x? It might get you by some stubborn library problems.

quite possible but the library issues are solved, the main issue now is the timeout in the HTTP request.