Solax X1 Hybrid 5Kw Direct data upload to PVOutput

I would like to say how great it is to be able to upload my Solax X1 Hybrid inverter data to PVOutput.
Solax try to lock you into using their SolarCloud for monitoring the inverter. I really did not want to be locked into their system. I don’t like the fact that they can change the software on my inverter and BMS without my permission.
I am now uploading the important data from my inverter to PVOutput (important to me anyway) without any dependency on the Solax Ecosystem.
It is a bit of a fiddle to get it working, it uses a Raspberry Pi3, and Node Red. Once you have your data flowing into Node Red it is really easy to get it to PVOutput. If anybody is interested I have made a really boring video on youtube on extracting the data from the inverter. (Its almost a year old now. I made it when I had just had my system installed, I could probably do a much better job now that I have a better understanding of how it all works).
To see my data look at https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=80409&sid=71264
or search Bens Solar Power Its a 5400W system.
Thank you again PVOutput for such a great place to store my data.

PS If anybody is interested in how I upload my Solax inverter data directly using the API to PVOutput I have a very bad video on Youtube. Sorry it is unprofessional but you will get the gist

1 Like