Solarman has an API | Sofar Solar

I just found out that the Solarman has build an open API. But pvoutput does not integrate with this API yet. I was checking out if there are more users that want to log their output from solarman to here.

The platforms are:
SOLARMAN Smart:https://home.solarmanpv.com/login build for endusers
SOLARMAN Business:switch home with pro in the link above → build for professionals

I emailed with customerservice@solarmanpv.com for API acces to the old portal and they offered to migrate from the old portal to the ‘new’ solarman smart without dataloss. So that’s great.

edit
they made a thorough manual for the API too. I can share this, but not sure how.

2 Likes

Yes, please! I had my (second, on a different house) PV system installed in November last year with a Sofar Hybrid Inverter which uploads to the Solarman pages by default. Have been trying to get an upload script I found on GitLab to work for ages, but my python is not great and I can’t get past the errors. Got the API key and all from Solarman, but an automatic integration to PVOutput would be amazing!

1 Like

@beninho & @Aquaholic

Thanks for the API documentation @beninho.

Someone has put together a Python script for uploading Solarman data to PVO

In order to access the Solarman API you will need to contact them ( per the instructions ) in order to obtain your unique Solarman API Key.

Looking at the script you will also need to know the smpv_plant_id of your respective systems. I’d assume that this ID is visible within the web portal that they provide.

Hi @grannos,

Yes, they have send me an APP ID and an APP secret. I think this is the API.

@grannos

I’ve downloaded the script to my homeserver. But am unable to run/start it. I’ve edited the file SolarmanPV-to-PVoutput.py with APP ID and APP secret + API from PVoutput.

But I think I maby must be editing another file.

Hi @beninho

What version of Python are you using? ‘python -V’ should give you the answer.

What error message(s) are you getting?

It appears that the script has a dependency that you may need to install first.

I had to install ‘requests’ before I could run the script without error using Python version 3.

‘pip install requests’ OR ‘pip3 install requests’ depending on your Python version.

Grannos