SolarEdge hostname on LAN?

This is slightly OT because it’s not strictly related to current pvoutput logging mechanisms, so I hope it’s ok. For a related project, I’m trying to figure out how to quickly find a SolarEdge inverter on the LAN.
For those of you with a SolarEdge inverter on the LAN via WiFi or ethernet (not the zigbee gateway) can you tell me what hostname it requests from the DHCP server, if any? This would probably show up in your router’s active clients list, or similar. The MAC ID probably starts with 00:27:
I’d be eternally grateful if you could provide the hostname you see along w/ the inverter model and ideally, the firmware revision.
Thanks!
-Eric

so Eric are you looking to make something like the Fronius dataloger finder ,? for Solaredge inverters,
it works by finding the invertes wifi single and then its easy to find the mac key etc as it displays it on the screen,would be intresting to see if it would find a solarede inverter with the wifi turned on ? as i think it just uses json code, do they have a port to plug in a remote one ? for set up use perhaps.

I personally would never give out my inverters IP address or mac name as its giving a link to shut down or mess with my inverter to someone else i do not no,Jim

I’m not sure - I’m not familiar with the “Fronius datalogger finder” :slight_smile:
(edit: oh, yeah, I guess something like that)

As for detecting via WiFi, not all solaredge inverters even use WiFi…

About the best I can do for you is that my MAC address starts with 00:40:9D. Which is a Digiboard, Inc address.
I ran NMAP against it and nothing of interest was reported.
No hostname, no ports open in the first 1024.
My inverter is a SolarEdge SE6000H connected via WiFi.

Thanks - nothing in your router logs about a hostname request? Bummer. this makes it hard to find …