Smooth out Enphase Power Graph?

Sorry if I’m being dense! But I can’t see any evidence that the Uploader “divides the data into 5-min intervals.” The “sawtooth” 5-minute data we see plotted on PVOutput is the same exact data I can download from Enphase into a spreadsheet… PVOutput plots the smooth 5-min data enphase still sends for a few systems, and it plots the jagged 5-min data now provided for most systems.

According to Enphase API documentation, the “stats” request is used to get performance data, and only 5 minute intervals are supported.

So, I’m thinking the only explanation for your 15-minute smooth graph is averaging by the Uploader. Here’s how I think it works: for the 11:00 data point (as an example) the Uploader requests 10:55, 11:00, and 11:05 “stats” then receives and averages the three power values, and stores that number as 11:00 power.

Previously all Enphase systems reported in 5-minute intervals via the API, recently they have reduce this down to 15-minutes for some systems.

See below -

When the Auto Uploader detects that is is downloading 15-minute data from Enphase then each of these 15-minute intervals will be divided into 5-minute intervals to match the PVOutput Status Interval setting.

Hmmm… Not exactly. the Enphase API still reports 5-minute data for all systems… but most are accurate only to 15-minutes. You set us straight on this last July 4th. See Below (highlighting is mine)[quote=“bankstownbloke, post:9, topic:142, full:true”]
There has been no changes on the PVOutput side - it reports the data returned by the Enlighten API.
However, it has not affected all Enphase systems. This one is still reporting 5-minute data.

https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?sid=48806
[/quote]

You also included API data in the above post. Here is a subset of it showing three 5-minute values with the now-typical high-high-low sawtooth power sequence:

You were right on, and I don’t think Enphase or PVOutput has changed anything since. But, when I switch the Uploader interval to 15-minutes, each live data point recorded and plotted by PVOutput is precisely the average of the three sequential 5-min points provided by the API. Also, your energy calc exactly matches Enphase’s. If the API still gives only the 5-minute data like you showed (above), then it sure seems like the Uploader is computing a simple average for each 15-minute point.

1 Like