SMA Inverter produces (some) bad data

My SMA SB3000-TL inverter with Speedwire (i.e wired connection) Webconnect module is producing at least some bad data. I want to narrow the cause, if possible, to either inverter, communication or other. I have been sending data to SMA’s Sunny Portal site but getting ambiguous results i.e. current production seems correct but the daily reports are empty (no production shown) e.g.:

Sunny Portal Info Report for PV System: FlipFlop for the 5/28/2018
Daily Production: — kWh
Daily Revenue: — USD
Daily CO2 Reduction: — kg

SMA tech support sited communication errors (406 I believe) but I questioned that as some data was correct. Fortuitously research brought me to SBFSpot and PVOutput. I set up my system at https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=66816 and now have a great view of my data. However while the Energy, Power and sometimes Voltage match my inverter panel readings the Voltage and Temperature sometimes read 0. Also Temperature is confusing as it reads, when not zero, much higher that air temp. would be.

I captured some data packets with Wire Shark and used the gasmi.net to to decode them and found:

- In Wire Shark packet length varies between 98 and 138 (not sure if this is 	 	  normal)
- gasmi reports Checksum and Malformed Packet errors

So I would like to isolate and resolve these data errors. Since my inverter is at the end of a 50 ft./15m ethernet run with a 10/100 switch in between I could well believe that data errors could be introduced but I would expect those errors to affect all data in the packets not just Voltage and Temp. as Energy, Power and sometimes Voltage are correct.

I will try to connect directly to the inverter at some point thus eliminating potential long cable and switch issues but it is not a trivial task as the cable terminates inside the inverter and I may need to involve my very busy installer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Temperature reported by SBFspot is internal inverter temperature and much higher than ambient temperature.
Run SBFspot with -V5 for highest verbose level to see more messages. (-d5 is max debug info, that might help too)

Thanks for the temperature info that makes sense (and as I know realize is in the documentation!). I will try the more verbose option after I am sure I understand the process, i.e. I am running the upload daemon and will try not to lose or corrupt any data by stopping/starting the daemon during testing.