Setting up from Engage Hub

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone would help me setup pvoutput with a engage hub. I’ve currently got two clamps set to solar and one to household comsumption, seem to be working great within the efergy dashboard but I can’t get both of them to display on pvoutput, it’s either the solar generation or the household consumption, but not both.

More than happy to pay someone for their expertise

Cheers
Nick

Same here. I just installed on Saturday. Have donated which has opened up the secondary device but cant get both. What is bugging me is not understanding what PWER_GAC means and other options for adding/subtracting. I am currently going through every combination I can think. Hope someone chimes in, or I randomly find a solution before hand.

Yeah it took me a while but I’ve just figured it out

You need to go into the energyhive platform and find the exact codes in there for the transmitters, once you find them
you just put them in the corresponding boxes in pvoutput settings for the transmitters PWER etc. Until i went to the instructions here I was totally lost lol

Efergy / EnergyHive

The Efergy auto uploader reads power data from your Efergy Engage / Energyhive account and automates the data upload to PVOutput every 5 minutes.

Token
This is the token generated from the EnergyHive Portal.

Generate a token to access your data with the following steps -

Goto www.energyhive.com
Login with your Efergy Engage email and password
Goto Settings ► App token ► Add token
Test the token with the following URL -

http://www.energyhive.com/mobile_proxy/getCurrentValuesSummary?token=

Power
This is a combination of the cid and sid values in the Efergy message, separated by a dot used to retrieve the power value.

The cid for power is usually PWER e.g. PWER.6236

Secondary Power
A secondary power value on a different sid may be used to add, substract or recorded as the opposite direction of the primary power.

Temperature
This will retrieve the specified cid/sid and recorded it as temperature. Note this will overwrite any existing temperature upload, either via the API (v5) or wunderground weather station.

Efergy / EnergyHive

The Efergy auto uploader reads power data from your Efergy Engage / Energyhive account and automates the data upload to PVOutput every 5 minutes.

Token
This is the token generated from the EnergyHive Portal.

Generate a token to access your data with the following steps -

Goto www.energyhive.com
Login with your Efergy Engage email and password
Goto Settings ► App token ► Add token
Test the token with the following URL -

http://www.energyhive.com/mobile_proxy/getCurrentValuesSummary?token=

Power
This is a combination of the cid and sid values in the Efergy message, separated by a dot used to retrieve the power value.

The cid for power is usually PWER e.g. PWER.6236

Secondary Power
A secondary power value on a different sid may be used to add, substract or recorded as the opposite direction of the primary power.

Temperature
This will retrieve the specified cid/sid and recorded it as temperature. Note this will overwrite any existing temperature upload, either via the API (v5) or wunderground weather station.

The cid for temperature is usually TEMP e.g. TEMP.6236

Extended V7 / V8
This will allow two additional data streams from the device to be recorded against Extended Data v7 and v8. e.g. LGHT.6236

If you are still stuck I can help you.

Andrew

Hi, I’ve had no luck with my setup. I have a usage clamp, a clamp measuring my gross feed in system, and another one measuring my net feed in system. The efergy app works and gives me info.

I created a new token in EnergyHive settings, however testing the link it doesn’t work.

Thanks for any advice, appreciated

Still looking help? You mention ‘setup’ are you talking PVOutput setup or proving your Efergy API?

I also have the Engage Hub with 2 clamps, one for solar and one for consumption. Happy to compare PVOutput settings.

Can I ask if you had to re-wire your switch board to make sure the transmitters are sending correct figures?

Noticed is your solar feeding back through your consumption clamp, in your graph. Remove the solar by either repositioning the consumption clamp to measure P1, P2, L1, cooker, AC etc or loop the solar wire through the consumption as where is. The solar wire going through the consumption clamp 180 to normal direction. This will negate the solar in the consumption for you.

Hi all

I have Efergy/Engage installed with two transmitters, one solar, one consumption… I am now trying to auto upload the data to PVOutput, with no success. Keeping it simple to start with I have tried to get one output up on PVOutput.
I have gone to EnergyHive and downloaded a token and opened up Automatic Uploads in Edit System. I have then run the command line with the token and got the following output:
[{“cid”:“PWER”,“data”:[{“1526195318000”:2517}],“sid”:“796340”,“units”:“kWm”,“age”:3},{“cid”:“PWER_SUB”,“data”:[{“1526195312000”:1710}],“sid”:“802774”,“units”:“kWm”,“age”:9}]
I have used the solar transmitter for the PWER input, entering PWER.802774, pressed Save, and stood back to wait events. Nothing. I should add that when I first installed PVOuput I manually entered a few weeks of data, and that shows up, but nothing from the auto uploader.
I would appreciate any advice on what I am doing wrong, or not doing, which seems more likely.

The valid sensors for this system are -

• PWER_SUB.802774
  • PWER.796340

bankstownbloke, many thanks! I am now getting something on the PVOutput screen which bears some resemblance to the plots on the Engage screen.

bankstownbloke, here’s a copy of my plot, looking good, thank you very much.

Now this is another issue, but you will notice that the red line for the power output, the solar power, does not go to zero but skims along the bottom at about 200W. I’ve had inconclusive conversations with the Efergy tech people and the inverter tech people and although they have both been very helpful they don’t have a solution to this. Any thoughts?

PVOutput displays the Efergy data as-is without modification, but you can use a rule to correct the data before it is recorded on PVOutput.

power = power - 200;

Will reduce all data points by 200W.

Also, the direction seems to be the wrong way around, the red line should be green and vice versa.

Yes, I thought the direction was the wrong way around, so I need to change the entries to get the colours/code correct. I did think of taking off the 200W unilaterally, but I would of course prefer to get to the root cause and get that fixed. There was a topic started last December by “bigharps” who said he was getting a solar output of 70W showing all night “Night time solar generation” and I attempted to contact him with a response to see what his situation was but he must have given up checking on the topic. Is there any way of contacting people?