Season Time of Use (ToU) tariff support

Powershop just announced that they are introducing Seasonal ToU charging, i.e. different Peak/shoulder time periods in each season, for NSW Ausgrid customers (details here – https://help.powershop.com.au/pricing-rates/information-on-my-tariff-nsw-qld) starting 1st July (i.e. this coming Sunday)

Based on current PVOutput config, that will mean changing my tariff Time Periods 4 times per year. Not a big deal, but will result in inaccurate data if I go back and view data from a previous season, using a current season’s tariff time periods.

Would it be possible to enhance the current PVOutout Tariff Time Periods to support Seasonal ToU by allowing multiple Time Period setups (corresponding to the different seasons) that are activated by Date Ranges?

To provide context, below are my new Seasonal ToU tariffs:

Summer: 1 November to 31 March
Peak times: 14:00 to 20:00 Weekdays
Shoulder times:

• 7:00 to 14:00 Weekdays
  • 20:00 to 22:00 Weekdays
  • 7:00 to 22:00 Weekends

Off Peak times: All other times

Winter: 1 June to 31 August
Peak times: 17:00 to 21:00 Weekdays
Shoulder times:

• 7:00 to 17:00 Weekdays
  • 21:00 to 22:00 Weekdays
  • 7:00 to 22:00 Weekends

Other: 1 April to 31 May and 1 September to 31 October
Shoulder times: 7:00 to 22:00 Monday to Sunday

To support this requires the introduction of multiple tariff plans.

Changing this to an Idea for future implementation.

2 Likes

Thankyou! Much appreciated!

I would also appreciate this being implemented.

+1 for this as well. SCE and California out here in the states mandates TOU for a new solar install after July 2017. I’ve been going in and manually updating the tariff for each season, but having what OP suggests above would be very helpful!! Thank you.

Tariff Plans have been implemented and can be used to create multiple Tariff / TOU seasons -

Feedback can be discussed in -

2 Likes

@bankstownbloke Thank you very much for implementing this. This a huge help!!