PWS auto feed to replace WU

Latest announcement from WU is that it will cease operation dec 31st this year. I have just installed an ambientweather WS-2000 wi-fi weather station and would like to feed its output directly to PVOutput.com. I could do this using my raspberry PI but I would much prefer using a direct feed which is now available only for WU feeds. Is it possible to include several API’s for weather including ambientweather.net? I have an account there for my PWS and would like to have the automatic feed to PVOutput.com.

I did notice this in the WU announcement:

If you are a Personal Weather Station owner, you will receive more information about our plan to offer free access to the data you provide to Weather Underground. We’ll reach out once that plan has been finalized.

For developers who use WU API data for non-commercial purposes, you will have access to a new plan for a personal use, low call volume API. Stay tuned for more details as we build this out.

As of now, the only option I have with my PWS (AcuRite 5in1) is to share to Weather Underground. I guess I’ll have to wait and see how I’ll be able to get at that data in the future.

Resolved my problem on my own. Set up a new station with same parameters but better identified equipment and decided to use the station name and the password for my login to PWSweather.com and it worked…data is now uploading to PWSweather.com. However, it does not know about the Solar Irradiance and UV Index. So that doesn’t get recorded. Half a cake is better than no cake at all.

We will track the progress of this idea in the topic