PVUpload - error

All,

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with uploading from an SMA Inverter.

I recently had to reinstall my computer and I am now unable to upload using this:

PVupload scripts.
Current version: PV4.4
Updated: 25/03/2014
Author: TheGreatGazolio
email: gazglids@picknowl.com.au

Is there anyone that might be able to assist as the emails to TheGreatGazolio are being returned.

The csv script is not being created and I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I am not familiar with the particular scripts however you mentioned that you ‘reinstalled’ your computer.

According to the narrative at https://code.google.com/archive/p/sma-uploader/ it says, in part, “Script has been designed to poll your SMA Sunny Boy Inverter using the Sunny Explorer command line extract process. (Sunny Explorer needs to be installed first).

Did you reinstall Sunny Explorer?

Are you using the same version of Windows? Microsoft may have tightened the requirement for running VB Script over time - as a security requirement - to prevent arbitrary scripts from running.

Regards,

I am also having a similar problem. Does anyone know what happened to Gary Glidden (The Great Gazillio)?

If you are currently running PVupload any help appreciated
Thanks Derek

Maybe the right time to give SBFspot a try

Hi Tom did you ever get any useful replies and get your system back running?
My situation is same as you. it worked on my old Windows 10 computer but with my new computer refuses to work!
Say following:

Script: C:Users\Derek|Documents\SMA\Sunny Explorer\PVupload_Live.vbs
Line: 47
Char: 1
Error: Bad file name or number
Code:800A0034
Source: Microsoft VBscript runtime error

I have had a look at the script but I am not familiar with this.

Anyway appreciate any comments if you have any

Regards Derek (Satman04)

1 Like

In case you did a reinstall, there is a file with some settings to complete: PVupload_constants.txt
Data_Path and is Exp_Path are important ones

I have managed to get my system running windows 10 but only manually. The PVupload works for all but the live upload.
I saw somewhere Pvupload Ver 4.4 Patch. What was this patch for?
If anyone knows the details it would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a copy or working link for me to download I would be most greatfull.