PVOUTPUT Not Showing Full Enphase history for 3/29, about 3hrs behind

Looks like an authorization issue as Enphase is reporting -

• Not authorized to access requested resource

Thanks done it again and now works. Cut and pasted it on the iphone at work so maybe it picked up something

OK BB, I left alone. Now I understand its your execution of the API limitaiton they are making it on. My systems started auto collecting again for 4/1 through the typical PVOUT api retrieval. Thanks for clarifying.

Okay thanks. For others if you want instructions on how to do this, check out an older post of mine: Backloading Enphase data from within the last week

My Enphase is now working again on PVOutput. It also backloaded the entire day of 31 March but not 30 March or the half day missing from noon on the 29th.
Iā€™ll look into backloading the data from the Enlighten site manually.

If anyone would like to use it, Iā€™ve got a simple Excel application that will download your data from Enphase for a specific date and then upload it to PVOutput. Hereā€™s a link to the file -> Update_PVOutput.

It is a macro enabled spreadsheet but nothing is hidden. Enter your Enphase and PVOutput data on the Parameters sheet along with a date you want to update, click the Get Enphase Data button to download from Enphase and then click the Upload to PVOutput button to upload. The downloaded data is stored on the Enphase sheet so you can validate it before you upload if you want to.

Edit: I think I may need to change the sharing option on this file. I canā€™t do that until I get home. Should be fixed by 5pm PDT.

Edit 2: Link sharing updated. Anyone with the link should be able to view/download the file now.

1 Like

HI, trying to use your enphase to PVOutput Excel application but cannot find the Enphase Data API key.
Is this an API key you have created for the app or do we have to create our own API key? (Unable to find a PVOutput Updates project API Key at https://developer.enphase.com/admin/applications/)

This should be your pvoutput system API key. Login to your pvoutput.org account. At the very top list of menu options, select ā€œSettingsā€. Scroll down to the bottom. Enable API Access, generate a new API key if needed. Plug this key into his spreadsheet. Keep this API key private.

It looks to me that you also need to create an Enphase developer account. Use the Watts plan (free). Create an application to get an Enphase API key. Iā€™m on a Mac which does not support VBA, so I cannot test his macros.

Sorry about that, @billz is correct, you need to create an Enphase api key for this to work. Login in to (or create) a developer account at https://developer.enphase.com/login and then create a new application, you can name it whatever you want, and use the API key for that application.

@pjschaffer Originally created an Enphase developer account (Watts plan) and got an Enphase API key, and populated all the required cells, but when I click ā€œGet Enphase Dataā€ it gives a "run-time error ā€˜6ā€™ ".
When I click on debug it highlights this line " UnixStart = Unix_dt(U_Year, U_Month, U_Day, 0, 0, 0) - TimeOffset * 60 * 60 'parameters are Year, Month, Day, Hour(24 hour format), Minute, second "
Is this complaining that the Date format being received from Enphase is not in the correct format? (i.e. does Enphase use a different format for different localities, e.g. Australia UTC +11?) Thanks

Not sure if this is the problem, but normally ( by default ) when numeric data are entered into Excel they are RIGHT aligned - like in the the attached graphic.

Your screenshot shows that the data are LEFT aligned. Either the cells have been formatted to be that way OR Excel thinks that you have entered TEXT rather than NUMBERS. If the data are being treated as TEXT it would cause the function to fail.

Sounded like a valid explanation,but unfortunately aligning right and formatting cells as numbers made no difference. Thanks for your input, it made logical sense to me.
Wondering if it doesnā€™t like a + value for UTC?

Sorry about that @gazzaw. I did a little debugging and I think Iā€™ve found the issue. I had dimensioned the variable TimeOffset as an integer. However, with your UTC offset of 11 hours, TimeOffset *60 *60 = 39600 which is greater than than the max integer value of 32,768. I didnā€™t see this before as my offset is -7 or -8 hours. Iā€™m a little surprised at this error as Iā€™m not assigning a large number to TimeOffset, Iā€™m just using it in a calculation.

Regardless, if you change the declaration of TimeOffset in the GetEnphase sub as follows:

Dim TimeOffset as Long

Then it should work OK. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

The original spreadsheet has been updated to fix this issue. Iā€™ve also posted a Rev 2 version of the spreadsheet with just a couple of enhancements.

2 Likes

Thanks for supplying the update, the macro now runs without error, but does not appear to be downloading any Enphase data. It deletes the existing data on the Enphase sheet but does not populate any new data.
Does the Enphase API key created in the developer account need to be associated with any particular app name or does it need to be allowed developer access in Enlighten?

It is working now, forgot to authorize the new application to make API requests to Enlighten and then allow access to Enlighten system data.
Thanks @pjschaffer, much appreciated.
Is it also possible to collect Consumption data from the CTs?
I have an old Sunnyboy array (gazzaw1) and new Enphase array (gazzaw2) that I also collect Consumption data as Secondary device on PVOutput, and combine the two (gazzaw) to show combined production and consumption for the whole rooftop.

@gazzaw I donā€™t have Enphase consumption CTs but I did take a quick look at the Enphase API again and it looks like that data could likely be obtained. If I did have this equipment, Iā€™d give it a try, but without it, itā€™s pretty hard to debug.

If you can follow what Iā€™ve done to collect the generation data from Enphase, you should be able to adapt it to get consumption as well.

Edit:

This may have been easier than I thought. I created a Rev 3 Spreadsheet that will grab consumption data from Enphase. I canā€™t test it as I donā€™t have any consumption data on Enphase. It doesnā€™t upload the consumption data to PVOutput, but you could copy the data from the Consumption tab and upload it via the live uploader. Give it a try and let me know if it is able to download your consumption.

sorry to bring an old thread back to life - @pjschaffer Iā€™m missing about a fortnight of data from my Enphase system, which needed re-authorizing (not sure why), and tried to use your rev 3 spreadsheet, but Iā€™m finding that itā€™s not retrieving any data, despite filling in the relevant fields

I just checked the spreadsheet to make sure nothing was broken and it worked for me.

I assume you clicked the warnings to allow editing and allow macros when you opened the file? Are you getting any errors when you click the ā€œget Enphase Dataā€ button? Also, double check the API Key at https://developer.enphase.com/admin/applications/ to be sure you have the right one. I have two API Keys, one for PVOutput to use and one for other applications like the spreadsheet to use.

If youā€™re trying to get Consumption Data, thatā€™s not something I was ever able to test I donā€™t have consumption data on Enphase. You might try disabling that feature (set to 0) to see if that works.