Pushing back into the grid

Hi, I have the Efergy unit installed with two transmitters, one for solar and one for my 3 phase power. I’m concerned that my clamp placement is incorrect. my electrician attached the three clamps for my household readings on the 3 large red white blue cables prior to the main fuses/meter and a single solar clamp on the top of the solar feed in breaker. Is there a way I can up load a photo? during the day when no one is home and there is minimal usage the household circuit is showing nearly the same amount of usage as the solar thats being generated???. I assume its picking up what I’m pushing back into the grid. Can anyone please tell me where I’m going wrong. THANKS

Ensure that you have all “usage” and all “generation” clamps on separate transmitters, as the transmitters sum the clamp values together. Unfortunately the clamps aren’t directional.

The solar has to feed into one of your 3 phases. If the CT clamp is connected to that phase on the grid side of where the solar feeds in, then it’s going to be measuring the difference between the solar export and the house usage on that phase. The solar current will have to travel through the consumption CT clamp in order to get out to the grid. That’s why it’s appearing on the consumption graph.

You need to find out what phase the solar feeds into and then connect the CT clamp on the house/consumption side of where the solar feed in is. That way the solar current can go out to the grid without traveling through your consumption CT.

I hope that makes sense.

Many Thanks, yes that makes sense I just need to work out wich one it is. Thanks for your help.

This sound correct, you would still need a clamp on all 3 phases plus the clamp on on your solar.