OpenWeather: One Call 3.0 API Product Update

I bit the bullet and signed up for the free plan and seems to be working with old key and a newly generated key.

1 Like

I noticed that my temperature had stopped updating on the 31 of May and I I went to my settings on PVOutput and clicked on test and the JSON showed the target was OneCall 3.0, so I contacted OpenWeather to see if it was an issue with my account. They responded that my temperature queries were now polling OneCall 3.0 instead of OpenWeather 2.5. I then checked the PVOutput forums and saw this.

I have now subscribed to the “free” account with my CC details and will see how it goes, but as of 15 minutes after subscribing, my temperature is now populating again. The good thing is I can see the number of calls that have been made with my account, and so far it is only polling once every 5 minutes, so should be well under the 1000 free calls per month target.

I tested this by checking the counts after 30 minutes (6) then went into my settings in PVOutput and clicked on the “test” option by my Weather API, and OpenWeather showed the call count had increased by 1

Usage over the past three days:

Im the same.

I just used an old prepaid credit card that had a $0 balance on it that hadn’t expired. seemed to work :ok_hand:

Hi guys, below is the code as it is sent with a click on “TEST” next to the Openweathermap API key, but on the Pvoutput graph I do not see anything. :disappointed_relieved:
Thanks for any help

{
“lat”: 45,
“lon”: 11,
“timezone”: “Europe/Rome”,
“timezone_offset”: 7200,
“current”: {
“dt”: 1718556691,
“sunrise”: 1718508474,
“sunset”: 1718564676,
“temp”: 25.79,
“feels_like”: 25.78,
“pressure”: 1010,
“humidity”: 52,
“dew_point”: 15.2,
“uvi”: 0.72,
“clouds”: 8,
“visibility”: 10000,
“wind_speed”: 1.95,
“wind_deg”: 331,
“wind_gust”: 2.04,
“weather”: [
{
“id”: 800,
“main”: “Clear”,
“description”: “clear sky”,
“icon”: “01d”
}
]
}
}

Seems strange.
I have 2 systems using the same api and location. One works one doesn’t :man_shrugging:
Both show enabled on v5

edit:
disabled save and re-enabled the temp on v5 and it started working

Do you say disable, save, then enable, save? It did not work for me unfortunately

Are you using the one call 3.0 api?

Im using 3.0. It didnt work for a day. Started working suddenly. :slight_smile:
I do have Main temp enabled under Weather Device api key
I also remove all extended data entries for temp.

Yes, with subscription

Your mean Donation to pvoutput or Subscription to Openweathermap?

Delete all weather data in pvoutput.
Get a fresh api for open weather
And try again.

Try -

1. Edit the system and remove the Weather Device, i.e. set it to “None” and Save the system.

2. Edit the system and setup set Weather Device to “OpenWeatherMap” and Save.

Both, donation and subscription

Done as indicated, but nothing changed, everything as before without the data.

1. Subscribed to OpenWeather (free subscription).
  2. Did as B-Man suggested.

It worked within 5 minutes.

2 Likes

No way, tried and tried again but it doesn’t work

This morning, the temperature graph started. What I mistakenly changed was uncommented the line in the custom_rules ‘v8’ :grinning:

1 Like

the temperature graph has started because Flukso has restarted

1 Like

if your talking about the script it doesn’t handle the temperature. so unsure how that or the flukso starting again made the temperature work…

No, it’s not about the script