New Summary function possible?

Hello Banksie,

I joined your site just about a year ago, and just renewed my Donation - thank you very much indeed for a really stable, useful web service. Its really great, using your datastore I can really see what’s going on with my consumption and production and hope in the future to make predictions based on this data.

I am especially pleased with the extended data as this also allows me to record my oil and water usage as well as outside temperature.

After collection for a year with my solar panels and feeding in my old historical data for consumption I want to go to the next level with my data (predictive monitoring), I need to work out surprisingly complex relationships between the outside temperature and the heating requirements (which drive the majority of my variable winter electric use, and in the summer of course the swimming pool) and an extra summary function would be very useful

Minimum - The lowest known value of the day

If and when you have time to add that I would be very grateful, but I do realize this is “minority interest”.

Currently we have:

Daily Summary

The summary function provides the ability to save an end of day value for the extended parameter, as per standard energy generation and consumption data.

The following summary options are available for each extended parameter -
•None - No end of day is saved for the extended parameter.
•Last - The last value of the day is stored.
•Highest - The highest known value of the day.
•Average - The average value of the day.
•Change - The last value minus the first value of the day.
•Sum - The sum of all values during the day.
•W to kWh - Convert power W extended values to the daily energy kWh equivalent.

Its of course perfect for consumption type data…

Do you simply want to record the lowest known value for the extended parameter for the day?

Extended parameters allow negative values so this will also be taken into account.

Yup, the specific contents are temperatures in Celsius

so an example for values might be

-10 -6 -4 -2 -1 5 7 9 11 12 12 14 12 12 7 4 2 0 -2 -6 -8 -12

Typically I will want to preserve Max, Min and Average in Daily Summary. i.e. minimum is -12 maximum is 14 average whatever :wink:

Al.

The lowest summary option is now available -

Many thanks - very useful for temperature ranges!