New SBFspot Installation 3.5.2 problem

Hi,

I had to reinstall my SBFspot due to getting a corrupt installation after a power failure…

I reinstalled raspbian and used the SBFSpot-config as an easy means of installation…

All went well and the installation is running, but it’s not uploading to PVoutput…

When checking the status, this is what I get:

sudo systemctl status SBFspotUpload

• SBFspotUpload.service - SBFspot Upload Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUpload.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-11-12 11:21:13 CET; 7min ago
    Process: 2779 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 2779 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Nov 12 11:21:13 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started SBFspot Upload Daemon.
Nov 12 11:21:13 raspberrypi SBFspotUploadDaemon[2779]: /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl
Nov 12 11:21:13 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 12 11:21:13 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Tried to look into the other topics, but could not find a solution…
And as I’m kind of a Linux noob I don’t want to randomly start changing things…
So any help ???

I suppose you have raspbian buster installed.
Did you replace the upload daemon as described here?

Hi,
yes, I installed raspbian buster…

I did not replace the upload daemon… (I was not aware I needed to…)

This is the result when changing to the new file:

When disabling the service I did get a warning:

sudo systemctl disable /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUpload.service
Warning: Can’t execute disable on the unit file path. Proceeding with the unit name.
Removed /etc/systemd/system/SBFspotUpload.service.
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/SBFspotUpload.service.

And after all steps executed I still get an error:

sudo systemctl status SBFspotUpload

• SBFspotUpload.service - SBFspot Upload Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUpload.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-11-12 22:24:40 CET; 2min 55s ago
    Process: 576 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
    Main PID: 576 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Nov 12 22:24:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started SBFspot Upload Daemon.
Nov 12 22:24:40 raspberrypi systemd[576]: SBFspotUpload.service: Failed to execute command: Permission denied
Nov 12 22:24:40 raspberrypi systemd[576]: SBFspotUpload.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/local/bin/sbfspot.3/SBFspotUploadDaemon: Permission denied
Nov 12 22:24:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Nov 12 22:24:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: SBFspotUpload.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Also tried chmod 755 SBFspotUploadDaemon but same problem remains…

Got it working…

I just installed an older release of Raspbian and reran the SBFspot-config…

Works like a charm now and old data is uploading right now.

Really did not have the knowledge to start debugging the problem in combination with the latest raspbian release…
Anyhow thanks for the help!