New iPhone App / Widget / Watch OS App / Complications "PV2Go"

Hi there,

since the widget for the iPhone didn’t really work (recently), I created my own version of an app to display power and consumption data. You can download the TestFlight version here: Join the PV2Go beta - TestFlight - Apple

There was also a similar approach in 2019, and still in the App Store, but according the review, it stopped working

Thing is, in the latest Apple OS, many integrations on the phone or watch were “optimized” and became more complicated, so the previous approach to have timers etc. stopped working.

Let me know if you have any thoughts, and especially if you have feedback for the improvement of the app

In the theory, the data model will supported multiple PV systems in your account, but since I only have one and can’t test it with multiple ones, please see if this works for you. Also, additional other people’s systems could be added, but I found out that the consumption data won’t be available, only the generation data (which makes sense), but limited it only for own PV systems right now.

For the widget, you will have to select your system in the widget config - there could also be more options, to only show consumption or so, right now it is not there.

Thanks
Marco

those are pictures from the iPhone, in the app, and the widget

these two are from the watch. you see that for various spots, there are various complications available, mostly from power/consumption - right now no chart for the complication, but could also be. the data is being updated automatically, depending on your setting. should be every 15 for the watch app, if you have every ten minutes in the main app for the pv system data update

Simulator Screenshot - Apple Watch Series 9 (45mm) - 2024-09-08 at 08.40.08 Simulator Screenshot - Apple Watch Series 9 (45mm) - 2024-09-08 at 08.40.05

Hi Marco - this looks great and I’m keen to test it, but I keep getting ‘unauthorised’ on the app.

I’ve tried my full API key and a new read-only one, no joy.

What else should I be trying?

Hi Marco

I gave it a try but I am experiencing issues

iPhone 13Pro (17.6.1)
Apple watch S7 (10.6.1)

iPhone

• Consumption is not available
  • Generation is only visible when I open the app, select the System ID and then select Energy. After that the status updates from “untested” to “verified”. The status changes back to untested when I return to the previous screen.
  • Widgets do not work and show “please choose a pv system”. I made sure my PV system is selected.

Watch

• Widget works but shows only generation, there is no consumption
  • The watch app shows “please wait…” and an option to select reload. Waiting or selecting reload does not open the app.

I rebooted the watch and phone and tried a few times. The PV2Go app I installed is version 1 and looks different from your screenshot. I don’t have the Latest Energy or Latest Power listed at the top.

incoming-FF5CFD7F-B27F-4C1F-A020-0E63A6A87F37

I installed the app, seen the power and generation in the app, added the widgets, selected the system but the widgets are still empty and showing
“Please choose the PV system”.

And idea why?
Tx
iPhone 14 Pro Max

I’m also getting the “unauthorised” issue after adding in my details.

I’ve double checked the API which is still working for other apps just fine so not sure if it’s a waiting game or something else.

Could I be something wrong (as clearly it’s working for others)

For some context, I found your app after discovering that PVoutput Widget was no longer working since installing IOS18