Neurio power meter

Does anyone on PVOutput use a Neurio power meter?

1 Like

Indirectly - that’s what is in the Tesla Powerwall gateway; my access is via the gateway API.

You may want to ask “is the Neurio API supported on PVOutput”. It looks like a nice system for both generation and usage monitoring, including some fancy analytics to identify appliances and other loads by power signature.

Looking at the NEURIO as well… here what I found so far on GITHUB:

1 Like

I use a raspberry pi to pull from my neurio meter. Works great. It’s just some simple timed JSON pulls from the meter directly. There is also an API, I may have posted it in the neurio community.

Here is the link to the Neurio Thread on my PVoutput Raspberry PI script. It should work on any computer with python. I used the raspberry pi for small form factor and energy usage.

http://community.neur.io/t/local-neurio-json-python-script-for-pvoutput-and-csv/2414/3

Here is my github, I think I used some of the code above, but my code was focused on grabbing the data locally incase the cloud service was down. I still like the neurio cloud service as a backup to pull past data if the raspberry pi was down.:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for posting your code. I prefer to grab the data locally too. Still on the fence between the NEURIO and the SENSE. Leaning towards the NEURIO due to the API. Never know how long they are going to be around. It looks like channel #3 is your generated power and channel #4 your consumption?

To be honest it has been a while, but it is easy to work with for the most part, both the remote api and the local JSON calls. Locally you can bring up a web interface that will read out and graphically label each reading.

I have been happy with Nuerio and thought the same thing a year ago, and they are still here. I have two sma sunnyboy inverters.

Thank you for your posts. After many years I finally managed to hook my Neurio (dating back to the kickstarter project). I don’t seem to get any response in JSON from the unit, I can see the webpage and read the sensors though. Haven’t found any firmware updatea either (my verion 1.0.3 and hardware version 012.00013A.E). ANy hint or advice would be highly appreciated!
Best, Stephan

If you registered it with the old Neurio you needed a serial number I believe and then you could connect with the unit with wifi and it looks like you did that. There is an API you can draw data from and I do that using a Raspberry PI. It pulls daily data as saves it to a database. A kind of backup system. The old app for you phone is still supported by Generac who bought Neurio. I run it on my phone a PC. Mostly I rely on PVOutput.com to manage my data. It’s free but you get extra functionality if you pay a few dollars a year to also keep you data and display it conveniently.