Net Method Question

I had been calculating my consumption by daily download of import/export data from power company and calculating it by subtracting export from production and then adding that to my import. Then just manually entering that daily. I had only been pulling production from Enphase into PVOutput as I didn’t have consumption CTs.

I finally got installer to install CTs on my system and after a bit of back and forth for 3 weeks they finally got them configured properly. Initial tech had only installed on one of my breaker panels (I have two) and then also turns out he had wired them backwards. Anyway, got it all working fine a couple of days ago (27th). I did manually adjust the totals for export and consumption for the 27th since I only had 1/2 a day worth of data in Enphase. I won’t have data for the 28th from Electric company until this evening (29th) to verify accuracy of PVOutput pulling the Enphase consumption data.

I currently have Net Method set to Average which was the default.

My question now is for the Net Method advanced setting which is more accurate? Instantaneous or Average? I’m assuming there is a difference or there wouldn’t be a choice.

Thanks in advance!

“Average” would be better as it uses the energy value reported instead of the power value.

The instantaneous measurement can potentially result in an incorrect net value if the consumption and generation is not measured at the same time.