Multiple credit rates

My energy provider has a combination of credit values.
For the first 14KW per day is at 12c per KWH
For the remaining is at 5c per KWH

How do I enter this type of credit into PVOutput?

Thanks

Rob

14 Likes

This type of credit tariff structure isnā€™t supported.

Changed to an topic to an idea.

This would be a useful feature as many retailers are now using this model.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to +1 this idea. This appears to be very common in Australia now. Cheers Mark

Yes have noticed alot of the new SA power plans have x price for first 14kw then another price for the rest.

In NSW also. Red Energyā€™s ā€œRed Solar Saverā€ pays 18c / kWh for the first 5, and then 6c / kWh thereafter. Seems like it might be becoming more common. Iā€™m a bit new here - does PVoutput have a mechanism to vote for suggestions in the ā€˜ideasā€™ category?

Click the ā€œlikeā€ heart icon on the original post to ā€˜up voteā€™

Done. Thanks!

Whilst I would like to see this implemented I canā€™t see how it would be accurate. My provider for example doesnā€™t credit me with $0.10 for each kWh up to and including 14kWh and then switches to $0.05 per kWh for that day, rather they average it out at the end of the billing cycle i.e. (90 Days X 14kWh) X $0.10. All remaining exported generation for that billing cycle is then credited at $0.05 per kWh.

The two scenerios provide a different outcome.

Letā€™s say a billing period is five days. This wouldnā€™t happen but for the sake of this exercise it makes it easier.

Day 1 Export: 13kWh - 13kWh X $0.10 = $1.30
Day 2 Export: 30kWh - (14kWh X $0.10) + (16kWh X $0.05) = $2.20
Day 3 Export: 35kWh - (14kWh X $0.10) + (21kWh X $0.05) = $2.45
Day 4 Export: 11kWh - 11kWh X $0.10 = $1.10
Day 5 Export: 26kWh - (14kWh X 0.10) + (12kWh X $0.05) = $2.00

The non-averaging method would provide the daily credit amounts shown above. Total is $9.05 for the five day period. This could possibly be integrated into PVOutput but wouldnā€™t work for me due to my retailer using the averaging method. Iā€™m assuming this is how other retailers calculate as well.

Using the averaging method would work out this way:

Total export during billing period: 115kWh
First 14kWh per day @ $0.10 per kWh: (5 Days X 14kWh) X $0.10 = $7.00
All remaining export @ $0.05 per kWh: (115kWh - 70kWh) X $0.05 = $2.25

The averaging method would provide a total credit of $9.25 for the five day period. I canā€™t see how this could be integrated into PVOutput, unless it was done at the end of each billing cycle.

Iā€™m sorry if this is a nonsensical mess, Iā€™m not great at communicating with numbers!

I have a similar / opposite idea requestā€¦ my retailer has a staggered rate for what we import, Calculating cost - the first 340 kWh / month charged at a different rate.

1 Like

Could it auto average it each day?
Eg just like the target prorata generation bar graph on the daily tab?

If itā€™s over the prorated amount then calculate values based on how many kw/day the day has done.
And works of the billing period. Calculated at the end of each day?

1 Like

Same boat here on the new AGL plans; would be great for this to be supported.

1 Like