Minor niggle with the daily generation graphs

The daily generation graphs have a line on them that says it represents “power generated” which is meaningless. My P.V. installation does not generate power, it generates energy, and how quickly it is doing that at any point in time is its power output.
Try this analogy, when driving in a car you cover a distance at a speed. To say distance travelled is OK, but what does speed travelled mean?
I don’t want to upset anyone as I know what the line represents despite it’s label, and I apologise if this causes any upset.

Actually, within the power generation industry, there is nothing wrong with this description. In this case generation means to create and the Power Generation line indicates the instantaneous power created or generated as a function of time.

For example, if we consider an electric machine driven by a prime mover, we call that a generator. The power rating of the generator is expressed in watts, never watt hours.

In general, I find PVOutput has a pretty good handle on the terms and units used in the various charts and graphs. Don’t get me started on news agencies though. It drives me crazy how often they get power and energy confused.

I offer my counterpoint above for your consideration as an Electrical Engineer with 30 years of experience in the Power Generation Industry working on all manner of power plants including fossil powered, nuclear and utility scale PV.