Live Output View does not roll over each day?

Hi, just checking that I have things set up correctly. My Live output view only shows from 12am to 11:59pm and then needs the page refreshed or the “Live” link selected again to refresh it for the next day. Is this correct? I was expecting it to auto-refresh to the next day after midnight. I have Refresh On.

I am using this page as a household usage behavior guide via an iPad but at the moment it needs me to refresh each morning, and then I also have to deselect the “Energy Used” and “Energy Generated” lines as it confuses people.

Any other settings I’m missing to get it to automatically roll into the next day? If not, any options outside of PVOutput that still use PVOutput data? I donate so have access.

Thanks in advance.

Well there you have it…If the menu item says Refresh On that means Refresh is actually “OFF” and when the menu item says Refresh Off that means the Refresh is actually “ON” …really counter-intuitive isn’t? Must have something to do with living down under.

Yes, to clarify, I have refresh on as my menu item shows “Refresh Off”.

I assumed the refresh status only indicated that the display would refresh as per the refresh time (for me, set as 5 minutes), but it appears not to roll over to the next day automatically.

The auto refresh will only refresh for the current day. A manual refresh is required when a new day starts.

I upload consumption data every 5 minutes throughout the day and my next day display is updating automatically. Is it the case where your uploads only occur during the times the PC system is producing that the manual refresh is required?

bankstownbloke - thanks. Is this the type of thing we can put in the improvements list to get changed?

Iwsmiser - I also upload consumption every 5 mins 24/7 via two Efergy/Energyhive transmitters. Generation is via Goodwe Python script running on my PC. Certainly does not roll over on the Live View with “Show All” graph selected.

@fallen:
I don’t know what the difference is. I upload using a c# program running on a Raspberry PI 3.0 running Ubuntu and coded my my grandson. I have never had to do a refresh on the following day. When I check it about 7 AM it has been updating automatically the whole time. Do I understand correctly that you have to do a manual refresh before you see the data displayed?

Correct. When I wake up in the morning it’s still showing yesterday’s graph with the last datapoint collected at 11:55pm or similar. As soon as I click on the “Live” button again, it shows the new day from 12am onwards with all data shown.

Ok, I see what you mean. Yes, that is what happens with me. I see yesterday’s graph then I click “live” to see the new data. I guess it has just become a habit and I do in automatically and it just seems to already be be refreshed. Sorry to have seemed to be receiving a different scenario. So we are getting the same activity on the site which makes a lot of sense.

Yes, you can convert topic to an ‘Idea’ or create a new topic that is categorised as an idea.