How to auto load with SunPower

Hi all,
Newbie here. I just had my system installed. It is SunPower with integrated microinverters. Anybody know how to set up the system to auto load live data?

Thanks

1 Like

If there is a Sunpower API that allows data to be retrieved then it may be possible to add it as an Auto Upload device.

Checked with SunPower support rep, Was told that API is not available and I can only monitor consumption on SunPower’s website portal. Looking for other ways to auto load the data somehow.

Thx

Same here. I see some Sunpower users so it must be possible somehow?

One reason why the additional SunPower system was a poor purchase. If I had researched more and discovered that any generation data is a closed system exclusive to SunPower, I would not have purchased.

The only way to get generation data exported is with an external metering system with an API. I think a simple EKM metering system with CT’s on the SunPower connections to the breaker panel would be sufficient.

All the generation data from the secondary SunPower system is invisible to me. I can only capture the Net effect on the main consumption metering I get from a Rainforest Automation Eagle-200 device.

But at least the SMA metering from the primary system works flawlessly since installation and is displayed here on PVOutput.org well.

sorry to revive this thread… I’ve got a sunpower system… everyday I manually record my numbers into an excel spreadsheet and to a coma separated values text file… then I copy and paste to upload that into PVOutput… I’ve been doing that everyday since my system was installed, 11-05-2018…

I hate programming, but I have an electronics/computer science background… and a lot of time on my hands from disabilities… I may try to find a work around again…

I have the Eagle-200, Sense Energy Monitor (w/solar & consumption CTs), and of course my SunPower PVSX5 Monitor (w/consumption CTs)… even if I have to relay it into something like home assistant or IFTTT, there has to be a better way… I have years of data… I assume you guys are interested?

also, on a side note, the PVSX5 monitor from SunPower has a 3G cellular data backup that is used if the internet is down… since the cellular companies have begun the shutdown of 3G, has anyone contacted SunPower for replacement? I’ve done it a few times over the past couple of years ever since the shutdown of 3G has been planned… I just kept getting the run around telling me that if it happened, SunPower would replace the unit under warranty… I’m just curious if anyone has tried recently… I haven’t tried this year, YET…

UPDATE…

I was gathering new info to prepare my quest, and found out someone is using a raspberry pi to gain access to the sunpower supervisor and copy data & stats from the system… I’ve only read a few pages, but I may just try this… here’s the link if you are interested:

heads up guys and gals…

the long awaited ability to see your individual panels is coming / here!!

I reached out to CS recently asking for a serial number layout for my array… they directed me to my installer, and said I should have them “turn panel view on”…

I called my installer and asked him about it… he first brushed me off, saying that there was an email from SunPower some time ago saying they were going to be adding it, but said he hadn’t seen anything about it since… so I asked for some quick info on my system, he logged into his view and then commented that there were new check boxes on his end to enable panel view… so we decided to try it out… while on the phone he checked the box(es) and saved it… I logged out, logged back in, and I have a new tab called panels…

upon clicking it for the first time, I got a lawyer box with a warning that this is “beta”, and may have intermittent ability until its official release, blah blah… anyway… I’ve been waiting for this feature since Oct 2018, and now, its here…

ask for it… your installer has to “turn it on”… SunPower CS doesn’t have any way to help…