Home Assistant 2024.2.1 stopped sending data to PVOutput

Around 9am yesterday morning I updated to Home Assistant 2024.2.1 around the same time it stopped uploading to PVOutput.

I can see these errors.

log:7: 2024-02-14 08:56:13.999 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.pvoutput] Unexpected error fetching pvoutput data: Timeout occurred while connecting to the PVOutput API
log:7: 2024-02-14 08:56:13.999 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.pvoutput] Unexpected error fetching pvoutput data: Timeout occurred while connecting to the PVOutput API
log:9:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pvo/pvoutput.py", line 81, in _request
log:37:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pvo/pvoutput.py", line 80, in _request
log:49:   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/pvoutput/coordinator.py", line 35, in _async_update_data
log:50:     return await self.pvoutput.status()
log:52:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pvo/pvoutput.py", line 113, in status
log:55:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pvo/pvoutput.py", line 90, in _request
log:56:     raise PVOutputConnectionError(msg) from exception
log:57: pvo.exceptions.PVOutputConnectionError: Timeout occurred while connecting to the PVOutput API
log:57: pvo.exceptions.PVOutputConnectionError: Timeout occurred while connecting to the PVOutput API

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I managed to find the issue. The Met Office integration is broken in 2024.2.1 and once I removed v5 from the payload, it started to upload again. I hope this helps someone.

payload: "d={{now().strftime('%Y%m%d')}}&t={{now().strftime('%H:%M')}}&v2={{(states('sensor.lux_solar_output_live'))|round(0)}}&v4={{(states('sensor.lux_home_consumption_live'))|round(0)}}&v5={{(states('sensor.met_office_town_temperature_3_hourly'))|round(0)}}&v8={{(states('sensor.lux_solar_output_array_2_live'))|round(0)}}&v6={{(states('sensor.lux_grid_voltage_live'))|round(0)}}&v7={{(states('sensor.lux_solar_output_array_1_live'))|round(0)}}&v9={{(states('sensor.lux_battery'))|round(0)}}&v10={{(states('sensor.lux_battery_charge_live'))|round(0)}}&v11={{(states('sensor.lux_battery_discharge_live'))|round(0)}}&v12={{(states('sensor.lux_power_to_grid_live'))|round(0)}}"

This was the log line that helped. Notice the unavailable.

2 Likes

The latest update to Home Assistant fixed the Met Office integration. I could turn it back on again.